how often do you have to charge your battery?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gav, Feb 9, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Just wondering really how often others have to charge there battery think mine is almost in need of another charge

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

put it on charge over ***ht to top it up and then maintance charge over weekend

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Think I will have to start doing this, I find I leave it for some time then suddenly realize that I am going slower because the battery is pretty low. Do you think charging it so often though would limit the life of the battery.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Can't see why,A car battery charges all the time you have the engine running and I like a full charge a the start of the day,I would think it would prolong the life as you are topping it up and not letting it fully discharge,I check the acid and top that up when required (not a maintenance free)

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

You have point there never thought about the car always charging.

6. dirtywater

dirtywater Guest

Although your car charges your battery it only has a really impact on long hour plus journeys, this combined with the extra strain of the system on top of the vehicle use, means you need to charge/maintain your at least once a week. That said if your using a Trolley/backpack or dedicated system battery these should be charged every ***ht as they are normally deep cycle battery units which are designed for daily use and charge. Not to run low or empty as this will kill it eventually.

7. maximus

maximus Guest

Has anyone heard of a split-charge relay? sounds like it could work

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye there is another post in the suppliers area. I installed mine last week quite easy, needed a bit more wire than what came with it. Seems to be all fitted OK only thing is you don't really know if it is working or not suppose the only way to know is if your battery stays charged or not.

Advertisement