How often should filters need changing.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by shazzy692002, Feb 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. shazzy692002

Hey Guys.

Here is my system.
    I know the bottom filter needs changing when all the blue is gone.

The next one up, white one, was changed about a year ago, which made the fillup half the time to what it was before it was changed.

The reason I ask, is I am now getting spotting on the windows, even thou my water is normally 0.00 or sometimes 0.01 max 0.02....Its also taking forever to fill, about 8 hours.

Any advice muchly appreciated.

My system set up.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Spotting is caused mostly by dirt suspended in the water droplets/drips that are left to dry on the glass so is down to the technique in rinsing and using upto 2 ppm wont make much difference to be honest. Don't get this confused with hard water marks on glass though as some damaged glass you will find will not come clean without using a hard water stain remover no matter how you rinse.

3. shazzy692002

The problem is, this only happens occasionally. which makes me think one of my filters need changing. Its happened before, but as soon as I changed the white filter, it cured it. The problem is, how do I no....I don't have spotting normally, so its not my technique, as the guy that's works with me is having the same problem. Think I may need to bite the bullet and just buy another one. Thanks tho smurf, advice appreciated. x

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The white filter you are on about is the 4040 and is unfortunately the most expensive thing to change on that system. Being that you only changed it last year I would say it should be fine. Are you still doing a salt back wash once a week so the membrane doesn’t get clogged?
    Slow water production could be caused by a number of things as a 4040 ro needs good pressure to run efficiently.
    When did you last change the sediment filter and carbon block filter?
    Have you checked that the mains tap pressure has not dropped and the inline mess filter is not clogged (if fitted) ?

5. shazzy692002

Haha, now I am confused. Smurf you know to much haha.
    I do salt daily in a back wash before filling but a back wash flush weekly. The other 2 filters have never been changed in the 2 1/2 years I have used it, there is a meter number thing on one, which is not quite there yet. x

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Maybe I should get a job at ionic systems then:D

I looked into buying a system from them a while ago and decided not to as the purchase price & running costs put me off a wee bit. o_O

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Mind you I am a tight ****:D

8. shazzy692002

Believe me, my hubby is a real tight ass, we have to have Chinese every sunday now as he refuse to pay the extra for indian haha...

Yes ionics is a rip off, unfortunately I new nothing when I brought round/van.(I no very little now). but I vary rarely have problems with my cleaning, so it has to be a problem with water, (im not being big headed,). lol.

When I flush it out at weekends, I have to time it 20 min, today I gave it 40, so hoping that may do it better, if problems this week, then will need to call van extras, much more helpful than ionics. Thanks for your help tho smurf, its appreciated. x

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Shazz I use up to 007 & don't get spotting but have also got it once when my water was 001 so with me it was my fault or my technic. I just didn't rinse enough. As with filters ill be asking the same questions one day as know nothing about em. RC used to help me but he's gone now

10. Posh

Posh Hero

I do flush it for about 30 mins before using & 20 mins after using. Mine also takes ages to fill.

Advertisement