Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Long Depressing Day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's only a bit of ice lol
That week in 2010 when it got to -13 here i was driving a grit lorry for a mate (cash work) at night gritting royal mail and sainsburys car parks all over west london as it was so icy and tradding during the day

Great fun when the water is freezing before you can blade it off

I'm a bit of a sicko as i do love a challenge
Was that November 2010? My mrs woke me up in the middle of the night because her waters had broken and she'd gone into full blown labour very quickly. I got dressed, grabbed the car keys, opened the door and saw some of the heaviest snow I'd ever seen. I knew there was no way in hell I'd get her to the hospital in time. Rang 999 for an ambulance and the operator started telling me to gather towels etc and was going to talk me through delivering the baby in case the ambulance didn't arrive. I kid you not, I had my mrs laying on the dining room floor, me shitting myself ready to try and deliver a baby. Thankfully the ambulance arrived in time and we made it to hospital just in time for the baby to be delivered ten minutes after we got there. Bloody weather.

Was that November 2010? My mrs woke me up in the middle of the night because her waters had broken and she'd gone into full blown labour very quickly. I got dressed, grabbed the car keys, opened the door and saw some of the heaviest snow I'd ever seen. I knew there was no way in hell I'd get her to the hospital in time. Rang 999 for an ambulance and the operator started telling me to gather towels etc and was going to talk me through delivering the baby in case the ambulance didn't arrive. I kid you not, I had my mrs laying on the dining room floor, me shitting myself ready to try and deliver a baby. Thankfully the ambulance arrived in time and we made it to hospital just in time for the baby to be delivered ten minutes after we got there. Bloody weather.
yeh end of nov early december i started window cleaning, jan 2011 was very cold too.

@adams2011 It was January / February from memory when it hit -13 but it was a cold winter all round

I was out gritting with Wes most nights

In the jan/feb we did 14 nights without a break as it was that cold we were needed every night

Doing donuts in a 7.5t gritter at the hoover building tescos car park on the north circ in snow at 2am was great fun

@adams2011 It was January / February from memory when it hit -13 but it was a cold winter all roundI was out gritting with Wes most nights

In the jan/feb we did 14 nights without a break as it was that cold we were needed every night

Doing donuts in a 7.5t gritter at the hoover building tescos car park on the north circ in snow at 2am was great fun
i think it will be like that again this winter.

Long term forecast is to be dryer that normal , mind saying that since I've read that it's been wet . So not sure what sort of winter it will be .

Not been as windy as usual...

in winter if its drier that means high pressure which means lower temps. if its wet that means more cloud so higher temps in winter. i rather it be sunny and cold to be honest.

It's been the hottest dryest year for a while

I don't actually care about the forecast for winter i will work whatever

If too cold for wfp and too icy for ladders i will use an excelerator on a harris pole

I have worked in horrific conditions and just see it as a challenge

Working in heavy snow while water freezing on the glass trad is a bit of a challenge lol

It's been the hottest dryest year for a whileI don't actually care about the forecast for winter i will work whatever

If too cold for wfp and too icy for ladders i will use an excelerator on a harris pole

Working in heavy snow while water freezing on the glass trad is a bit of a challenge lol
you serious??? may and june was a washout lol we had a week of temps over 35 and thats a summer?? i rather it be 20c every day lol

It's all about where the jetstream from the arctic is this year

Usually the divide between weather conditions is around northern scotland or above but it can move down occasionally (all to do with the coriolis effect) which causes our bad winters as then we get an arctic weather front as oppose to a warmer eauropean one warmed by the gulf stream

Pot luck I'm afraid

It's been the hottest dryest year for a whileI don't actually care about the forecast for winter i will work whatever

Lol

Hottest September day since 1911

According to nasa the first 6 months of the year have been the hottest on record going by the temperatures we have had worldwide

Hottest September day since 1911According to nasa the first 6 months of the year have been the hottest on record going by the temperatures we have had worldwide
since when has nasa told the truth lol. we were told global warming was real and everythings melting. look at the ice now. its growing at extreme rates lol

And i suppose they covered up the fact we live on a flat earth lol
haha theres a group on facebook called flat earth society. it says spread this group to people you know all around the globe lol

We do. I got proof. In 1999 I was working in West Australia. No of the gear in the back of the van was stuck to the ceiling which it would of been had I managed to drive on the bottom of a 'round' planet!:whistle:
i remember doing a youtube video on flat earth because im into astronomy. lol

These days Will come , i Always explain thoroughly the method,or refer them to my website under " pure" exactly to NOT have this situation. Hope the pay up ,just keep pounding them for yours ..

Back