Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How old is your pole?

Bwfc

My slx pole snapped today didn't realize I could just pull out section & get new one great £63. Was thinking of getting new one as 4 yes old but if you can keep replacing sections then why not. So asking how old are your poles?

My slx pole snapped today didn't realize I could just pull out section & get new one great £63. Was thinking of getting new one as 4 yes old but if you can keep replacing sections then why not. So asking how old are your poles?
I have one of the original six still going strong and use it as a spraying Lance now not sure how old it is but must be at least 8-10 years ??? On normal everyday poles we replace them every 2-3 years or so I feel that replacing them rather than a section is best , if a section broke after  a year or so then obviously I would replace it , the only sections I have ever broken are on extream poles never a six or clx 

Last edited by a moderator:
SLX 18 every day pole, it does 99% of my work, I hammer it and not a moments thought it won't keep going for years! About 4 years old.

I sold my extreme 18 a couple of months ago, and bought a brand new one. That old one was 2 & half years old but still felt like it had life in it, but it’s hard to tell I guess. 

I’ve got my original clx 22 from when I started in 2014, it’s just a chemical spray pole now. 

My slx22 is 9 years old. In November 2020 I noticed that the top section was so thin in one spot that it was soft. Gardiners did not have stock of a new pole at the time so I took the top section from a clx22 and carried on. I now have a new Slx 27 which is still to be 'commissioned'.

I have another old slx22 on the van with a flocked brush we use with some leaded window customers. That's also 9 years old but it's not used every day. Unfortunately the wife left it in the drive way while she was cleaning the front door of a customer last Friday. Our customers father drove in and drove over it. 

So my old pole will now become the flocked brush pole.

Interestingly, the old clx22 which was the first batch Gardiners brought out has less flex than my old slx does. The old clx just needs a clamp upgrade.

My son Slx-18 is five years old used every day been lacquered a couple of times but still in good working order ?

We've had 2 CLX27s for 5 years but they are starting to wear out. The bottom few inches broke off section 2 on one and section 1 on the other is very worn. All the other sections and the clamps seem fine though. A massive difference from the Universal fiberglass pole I used to use, the clamps and levers needed replacing constantly it seemed. 

I'm slowly going to replace the clx sections with slx sections as they wear out and by the time they're all replaced it'll be a new pole! ?

mine is 8 years old 22 clx from gardiner clamps are new been coated with new fibre glass resin every year section broke today any got any recomendations

Back