Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Collecting money

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

How does evey body go about collecting their money from customers ? I leave a envelope with my address for cheques and a slip with details of how to pay online I don't do a great deal of collecting but i'm constantly owed a fair bit every body pays in the end just have to wait sometimes which can be a pain.

Has anyone got a chip n pin device if so how does that work for you?

Does anyone collect a couple of times a week?

I always text my customers two days in advance to tell them I will be coming to clean their windows. Because of this, a lot of customers, if they are not in, will leave the money in a secret place or with a neighbour. I also have a lot who pay by bank transfer. I very rarely have to go out collecting

Tip, if you do get cheques write their address on the back of it before you cash it. I had a rubber one a few months back and I was buggered if I knew who it was from. Sussed it after a while though.

Chip & pins ok but 75% of people are out during the day. If they are in they pay cash or cheque so not really worth having chip & pin in my opinion

I have roughly 50% cash, 50% online. There's an odd cheque, one paypal, and two via PingIt.

Out of the cash ones if I don't get it one month it tends to get paid the following month, they just weren't in when I came. As easy for me as online payment is, it's this that tends to be the worst for getting paid on. They just tend to leave it and leave it and only pay when the 2nd or 3rd reminder comes. On the plus side though it is excellent for providing evidence that they have or haven't paid. I have had a couple of times where customers have said they have paid online and I can prove that they haven't, it has also worked the other way where they say they have paid ... and they have!! not so easy with cash if you forget to mark it down as paid then you just have to take their word for it and you'll forever think they have got one over on you

I take a mixture of cheque, cash and a few pay by direct bank transfer. When I clean I, I leave a slip with collection day on which is typically a two days after clean. I do this so it's still fresh in peoples minds or I find people forget quiet easily. Whatever method I use I always have trouble with some customers leaving money out for collection. Can be a pain as I have to travel a fair bit for some of mine.

Back