Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Urgent Help Needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Been out doing some leaflets today managed to get 4 new customers, only thing is one of them is a pub with windows that look a pain and I've not cleaned any like this before, can you give me any advice on what problems I'm likely to encounter and how to overcome them. I'm using a wfp.

Pub

If wfp you should be fine. If they're wooden, you may get flakes of paint coming off, but an extra good rinse should solve this and any other problems with this pub. Rinse rinse rinse! Hope that helps.

in what way do they look like a pain mate? little square deep wooden windows, leaky windows, rotten, metal frames, a pic or more detail bout what think prob is?

I can`t see a problem those Georgian windows are standard around hear and they come up a treat with wfp

Thanks Windyman, I really want to do the best job possible, this could bring some business my way if the landlady sings my praises to the punters.

iv turned few jobs down now co of flakey paint

win loads lost some is my motto this week lol

Taunton, I lived there for a few years when I was a boy, lovely part of the country. I would say if the paints to flaky and you want the job trad it.

Done the job today, took 1hr54mins flaky paint and putty falling off all over, still it was a cracking day and next time it will be a lot faster.

Nothing better than cleaning a good old English Public House... You must of felt great after cleaning it mate?... I have only one pub on my round... "The Queens Arm's"... Every other month!!!... Could be a good way off getting more business for ya!!... Keep the Landlady sweet and perhaps ask to place a few business cards on the bar or something!!!... Word of Mouth is the oldest tool and still the most effective!!!

Soz mate i am normally on my mobile, and links tend not to work so well so couldnt see the link in my first post, im on laptop now so can see the pub, and what you meant!

Glad you did it OK, its all experience under your belt, they look a bit like sash windows? Wooden sash windows, esp if in bad state, tend to be the worst, some we do we just cant get perfect, others, if they are in a good condition seem to come good every time. The key is as much rinsing as you can get, get all the dirt out of the flaky wood, and then hope!!

At least this weather its drying so quick you can see if its going properly or not.

Back