How to arrange a window clean

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Mar 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

I will be starting up within 1/2 months ;) and am just brushing up on minor things... to make sure i got everything in place :)

I will go canvassing and shotting flyers out ect..... when i canvass.... I will arrange a window clean within a few weeks or maybe 1 weeks time.. whenever it suits me and the customer:) and when someone rings me.... i will do the same....

BUT..................

Some people let the people know that their windows are going to be cleaned now.. and this relates to byes ( come next time miss it today thankyou ) i wont be doing this at all i will just turn up and clean the windows.

When i have cleaned the window.... i will put a note through the letter box saying your windows have been cleaned i will collect the money so and so ? thankyou ect

does everyone let the customer know the windows have been cleaned ?

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Yes defiantly. They may not believe that you have been. I put a little ticket in with date and how much. Never tell them when I'm collecting as have done that before and something's come up and you feel like your letting them down. I pick a day to collect and try keep to that and the custys get used to it.

3. robertscleaning

Firstly i would not wait too long before you do the first clean, canvass Monday clean Tuesday,canvass Wednesday - clean Thursday and so on.

I only do a few domestics but never call before hand.
    Arrange a frequency and stick to it as agreed.

If they are not in leave an envelope so they can send cheque
    or a lot of people pay online either through paypal or online
    banking - they put in their address or code u give them.

If you want to go out on Friday ***ht to collect tests up to you.

Always leave a ticket when you have visited and put it in your book.

I wish you well in your new venture.

Regards
    Robert

Robert

4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I do the same as roboert

get the work 1 day do it the next weather permitting

and once iv cleaned it i txt them and say windows cleaned collect to***ht at 7pm

simple and works well and thay love it when thay get a txt lol

5. James

James Guru

Can't really put it better than Robert to be honest. Read that and you will be fine. I pretty much do the samer thing minus the collecting part.

6. kars

kars Guest

we knock after a clean if they are in we get paid if not we pop a ticket in with date how much due (incase we missed them last time) and details of how and where to send payment. seems to work well? Best to keep things simple. I only ever go collecting unless we have a lot of outstanding tickets which is rare. we have our round book set up with name, address, date, outstanding, T-ticket or P-paid (cash or check) as the cheques arrive we check them off. once i get better organised il invest in George!!! lol

7. SteveSmee

SteveSmee Guest

We let a lot of our customers know the ***ht before we do a clean. Our customers really like it, in their eyes it makes us more reliable, and gives them notice to take padlocks of gates or leave money out. Because we call the same date each month they expect it and it adds to the personal and reliable service.

Advertisement