Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to attach Microbore hose to a Claber reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AW Services

All of the directions and tips below are intended as a guide only 

If you have opted to purchase a Claber Ground 40 Metal hose reel for your window cleaning pure water supply hose then you may struggle to figure out how to best secure your hose to the reel.

Unlike the metal clover leaf style reels the Claber reel does not have a reduced barb internal manifold.

The Claber reel has a standard male internal hoselock style fitting so some DIY skills are needed to best attach your hose.

I do recommend not using the issued black Claber fitting as it's slightly cheaper than it's Orange coloured range of fittings.

What's needed 

1x Orange standard hoselock style female fitting 

1x short length of cheap garden hose, PVC hose or braided PVC hose Not greater thann12mm ID 

1x Brass 12mm to 6mm barbed reducer

3x single or double eared O clips "not jubilee clips as the slip and cause leaks" 1x 11-13mm 2x 7-9mm 

1x pair of O clips pliers or dull side cutters 

1x Stanley knife or tubing cutter 

1x 304 Stainless Steel rubber sleeved P clip 

1x 25mm M5 machine screw or bolt and M5 nyloc nut 

1x battery drill with 5mm HSS drill bit 

1x pencil or sharpie marker 

I do recommend using only Claber only hose fittings for this project as Claber products are designed and intended for Claber only applications and Hoselock may leak or be of a slightly different engineering profile 

I recommend using no more than 90mm of hose.

B&Q sell clear PVC hose by the metre or cut a section from your garden hose ensuring that the inner diameter is no more than 12mm, Most affordable garden hoses from shops such as wilko or homebase are sometimes around 11mm which is an advantage for a better fitment. 

With your short section of garden hose you'll need to remove the hand locking collar from your Claber fitting and press your hose section firmly all the way into the fitting and reinstall the locking collar and hand tighten.

Slide 1x 11-13mm Double ear O clip onto that short piece of hose you have fitted to the Claber fitting

Then press in your brass barbed reducer firmly all the way into the hose until it butt's up against the brass fitting and crimp the double ear O clip 

Now slide the 2x 7-9mm double ear O clips onto your microbore hose reel hose and press firmly your hose all the way onto the brass barbed reducer and secure both the double eared O clips 

The reason for 2 double ear O clips is to allow for the pressure restriction within the hose and to ensure that the hose will not blow off or leak. 

If you do experience a leak you may have used hose that is slightly larger than the barbed reducer.

When you are happy that all of the taken steps are complete and you do not have any leaks it's best from my personal experience to add a Stainless steel P clip to the inner of the reel horizontal braces to ensure your hose does not snag and damage the inner hose reel fittings. 

If you need a slightly larger OD brass barbed reducer they are available.

With the upmost respect, I have taken my time to create, type and share this tip which does work and helps massively. Please do not ask for links....

I have listed all of the associated components needed and it's not hard to find.

8607_2.jpg

images.jpeg

20220111_143243.jpg

20220111_151557.jpg

20220111_151740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Claber 8mm

one of these worked fine for me
The problem with them is the majority of hose is 6.2mm ID and won't press onto the inner claber barbed fitting and then sheer off as the get brittle and hose snagging wears them quicker

Been there tried it improved it 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back