How to catch up after rain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mark, Nov 29, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark

mark Guest

So how do you guys catch up when you are say a day behind because of the bad weather.I think i have been lucky in the short time I have been window cleaning as I havent lost any days as yet due to the weather.
    Do you right the days work off and clean again in say 4 to 6 weeks or do try and slip them in here and there.

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

I just shunt everything along a day I have a couple of wet days spare in the month so usually rights it self after a couple months,if I look at stuff I did in January on around the 10th I am now doing that work around 16th now with holidays and weather things slip.usually people don't notice your late until your 2 or 3 weeks late so I don't tend to worry too much as long as I get all the work due within a calendar month I'm happy.

3. im the same as nearlyclean. sometimes i'll head out on a saturday and sun morning to catch up during the lighter weather i sometimes work a little extra time at ***ht to catch up. dont worry too much about it most customers understand that this is the type of job thats affected by weather

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

My round is done per calendar month, and when i take on new customers i always point out this out so they no it isnt likely to be the same day of the week i am there next. Also, i tell them may be a few days off here and there due to weather, or other unforseen circumstances, and i may get very late over winter. I havnt had to 'write off' any work, even after losing 10 days during my 1st winter due to the snow, i just shunted everyone along, so houses i did on the 10th became house i do on the 20th!. In my experience, customers are much happier for me to do that, than write them off for that month, and not get their windows done for 2 months. After all, most customers (mine anyway) are at work when i do their windows, so it doesnt make any difference to them what day i of the week i clean them, just that i am reliable and do a good job.

5. A.K WINDOWS

i just shunt mine also but i cant work weekends on windows as alot of people dont like me been round on a weekend lol.

once whent to cut a womans grass on a sat she siad im not happy with you been round here on a weekend unreal lol

Advertisement