Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Indoor cleans !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They suck, but...

They bring out the best in your work.

They earn you more money,with no extra petrol or travelling time

They keep your custy happy

Get em done.:thumbsup:

I agree with you guys :thumbsup:, better to earn more at one stop , the part that bothers me is when they don't want to leave a key to the house and I must make an appointment , that sucks . Other people just leave the key and then I'm free to flex the time .

I rarely/if ever get them to leave a key. Just put them off to the next time you catch them in. Or I tie them in with some other work I have in the area on a weekend when they are in. Theres always a way to make it work around you. It also minimises your liability for lost keys/things going missing/locking up/place getting burgled.

tie them to a time and be there i wud never go in someones house if they left the key
cud accuse u of all sorts
I don't know about that Peter.. In all my years I haven't had a problem there , cause they trust me. The worst is those who won't give me the key . But I understand you , they could accuse you of things :sad:

They are more time consuming, especially if the customer expects you to take down and replace loads of ornaments, photo frames and faff around with blinds. Should really change 1.5 X regular clean at least to mantain the hourly rate.

70-80% of my regulars want the inside done one or twice a year. But I have been very hard with my rules. If they don't sweep out all there belongings from there window I put it on the bill, if they can't be home or leave a key when I want to clean the insides I put it on the bill and take it on a day they can. The inside could be cheep for them but it can also become very expensive.

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

I've only done a couple of insides and made sure I arranged a time they were in and that the cills were clear of clutter. Takes longer than the outside but at this time of year it's nice to be inside for a time, the last one I did the woman asked if we could make it a quarterly thing, and she was a brand new customer. Wouldnt go in anyone's pad without them being present at the time, purely for things can be miss placed by them and the first thing they may say is the window cleaner was round the other day, then word gets spead very quickly that something has went missing, they then find it but don't say anything about it to others! Your reputation tarnished very quickly.

I have a lot of custys who has done windows indside everytime or every other time is clean, i can be slightly anoying but i always a whole day in the City i work so no prob swinging by at the arrived time. I just see it as a psrt of the job, nice to chat with the custys get them tp know me and they are less likely to dump me because they know.my face

I don't mind doing insides but charge the same as outsides minus a fiver for large houses, no discount for small.

I always get customers to clear sills, move sofas out the way. Easy money if the pathway is clear - unprofitable / risk of accidents if it's not.

I usually do them on rainy days, whenever they ask me whether I can do their insides I usually say yeh could do, next rainy day if that suits you, call them the night before and works fine as far as I'm concerned.

They are more time consuming, especially if the customer expects you to take down and replace loads of ornaments, photo frames and faff around with blinds. Should really change 1.5 X regular clean at least to mantain the hourly rate.
Agree on that and Thats just what i do ! 1,5 of the outdoor Price . It IS time Consuming , but then i also tell them to clear the windows of junk and no putting it back . If im outside and something is blocking i simply remove it and dont bother Putting it back .

Interesting comments reading the difference between my work in Aus and back in the UK. Most of my jobs are in and out cleans. I'm happy with that because I feel just cleaning one side is like half a job done. When I've done both sides you can really see a difference and so can my customers. I get a lot of satisfaction from that. I've had plenty of homes, very trusting people who just hide a key for you and leave the money in the house for you. I much prefer to do both. As a matter of consideration to their property I always drop a dry towel on the floor below the window to collect the fluid as its squeegee pulls it off.

Yep, same here Neil. Most of mine are inside and out. I would also say 50% of the time the insides are dirtier than the outside, so like you say, there is a noticeable difference once both sides are done. I've had customers just leave me in the house to get on with it whilst they go out or even leave keys somewhere.

I'm constantly amazed how people think because you've cleaned outside the inside should be clean. Got a customer, very old bless her, complained twice in a row about the same pane on back porch door not cleaned properly. I said,both times, it's inside, I will clean it if you like. No thanks she says just do a better job next time. Next clean did inside pane while she wasn't looking. She came out said oh that's much better. My lad was said why it was clean she ended up wanting the insides done every time. It pays to ask, if you don't mind doing insides. It's money after all.

New to all this lads. Do you just go in with the same tackle you use for the outside? Do you take a bucket in the house with you? Or just your applicators?

Latest Posts

Back