Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

MY DIY Build thread (with pics) part 2

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimmyboots

Here is the Tank and frame fitted in and bolted through the van floor. it is also fixed along the top of the frame inside the van hence the long piece built in the frame on previous pics.

Now the control board.

First I cut a piece of plywood, drilled to fit the side bolts on the tank frame and sprayed black

Then mount the controller and pump.

Then drill through and fit all the wiring at the rear. Follow wiring instructions on your controller for correct fitting. I also fitted the voltometer into a small box I had lying around.

Then I fitted a lawnmower plug to the back so the control board can be removed if need be.

what are the lawn mower socket for, thanks johnny b, still getting my bits to get going, when i get van. this is a great help with pics, thanks J.B., keep these for reference.

johnny, The lawn mower socket was just handy. you can use any socket really to connect the wires or not have one at all. It is a way of making the control board seperate so you can remove it all in one go if need be

Here is the Tank and frame fitted in and bolted through the van floor. it is also fixed along the top of the frame inside the van hence the long piece built in the frame on previous pics.

Now the control board.

First I cut a piece of plywood, drilled to fit the side bolts on the tank frame and sprayed black

Then mount the controller and pump.

Then drill through and fit all the wiring at the rear. Follow wiring instructions on your controller for correct fitting. I also fitted the voltometer into a small box I had lying around.

Then I fitted a lawnmower plug to the back so the control board can be removed if need be.

I think that your pump filter is upside down

Lawnmower socket to 12v dc?

These pics are great. Thorough job! Even conduit on rear of board!

I'm thinking of changing from trolley to van system. Or being able to use both.

What do you guys do if you can't get van close enough?

Use a longer hose maybe?

Lawnmower socket to 12v dc?These pics are great. Thorough job! Even conduit on rear of board!

I'm thinking of changing from trolley to van system. Or being able to use both.

What do you guys do if you can't get van close enough?

Not practical if you're on a farm roof cleaning panels. Just gonna get tangled up and not a good idea to have heavy plant and vehicles driving over it.

hey jimmyboot, is analogue pump controller better than digital?

ps

i will be doing diy work on my van and try do it like your:thumbsup: i looking to get cleaning spot analogue pump controller which is near me.

thanks

dave

Last edited by a moderator:
hey jimmyboot, is analogue pump controller better than digital?

ps

i will be doing diy work on my van and try do it like your:thumbsup: i looking to get cleaning spot analogue pump controller which is near me.

thanks

dave
I think Analogue is better as you can manually adjust flow/ pressure just by turning the dials, just seems more simple to me :thumbsup:

If you havnt got a shurflo pump yet, this is a good bargain for both controller and pump plus filter and connectors

http://www.fullcleancentre.com/shurflo-100psi-pump-analogue-flow-controller-strainer-fittings-pack/

ji my i take it you have a static filter system at home then transfer to van?? also ur like the ultimate diy er /emoticons/tongue.png IM GETTING MY VAN REVAMped in couple weeks and i have to get someone to make them we shelves etc also what sort spray paint u use for the wood as i painted the back of my van with blue paint which turned out to be emulsion ::hey:

Back