how to get brush level

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by willowtreecleaning, Feb 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. willowtreecleaning

Been trying my new trolley set up, but when im cleaning the brush on the gooseneck is twisting so when it is set to right angle and I start brushing it twists.

do I put tape around thread to stop this.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry I can't help as I don't use goosenecks but maybe Alex Gardiner might be the best person to help you out.

3. willowtreecleaning

I may have name wrong for the bit at end of pole that can bend it may be called the crank assembly/angle adaptor that you screw brush onto

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

5. willowtreecleaning

Yes smurf it looks like that.

Its a bayersan 26ft pole with a gardiner sill brush, alex put the fitting on brush to fit my pole it does up ok but to get it tight onto the screw fitting it ends up not square, not sure whether to put some tape on thread to help.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

To be honest I've not had that problem as the thread on the brush should be ok to turn it back a wee bit if not lined up square with the adaptor so dosen't spin. I suppose you could try plumbers tape on the thread if need be to see if it makes any difference.

Another option is to go down the quick-loq route so you don't need to mess about with screwing the brush on/off the angle adaptor.

7. willowtreecleaning

Ok smurf thanks, this pole is my starter only cost a tenner, only done a few houses so far with my new trolley, the plan is to invest my hard earned money into a gardiner clx with quick loc, then get a van, this brush and pole do the job but brush is slightly on the piss and its bugging me, I suspect the adapter is worn but its rivited to pole so not worth changing it.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

H-man has also posted a few vids on how easy it is to fit a plastic angle adaptor onto any type of pole that may be of interest.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've been thinking which is dangerous for me but guess the easiest solution without spending any money out would be to line the brush up so it's square to the angle adapter then simply put a screw through the brush stock to stop it spinning on the angle adaptor;)

10. willowtreecleaning

Thanks smurf I will take a look at vids.

Advertisement