How To Get Customers To Change ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Twhite, Jun 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Twhite

Twhite Member

I've not long started up but already got a round going, but when going canvassing it really makes me red in the face when a customer says" no sorry I have a window cleaner and they have been doing it years now" now there eather blind or plain stupid or lying because the windows and frames are stinking dirty ! It gets me how a Wfp user will only clean the glass around my area and not the frames aswell so they look terrible and you offer the new customer a cheaper price with the mould off there frames and they still won't change I mean these houses in my area are 200k plus and they have to pay the window cleaner to do the windows and then go out there and clean all the seals and frames there self ...really makes me tick !!!

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]Its called loyalty if it's true but some ppl don’t like strangers knocking on their door so might just say anything to get rid of you too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Not tried this myself as I have no need but next time you get that answer on homes with filthy/gray plastic that should be white maybe you could say “would you like a free demonstrator so could show you the quality of my work”. If they say yes ok then just deep clean one window at the front of the house so all the rest stands out like a sore thumb then see what they say.[/SIZE]

3. Masons

Masons Guru

^ Yeah Smurf has a good idea there.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've found ppl will pay more for quality work and good service so for most price is not an issue :Image9:

5. OoO

OoO Guest

Cleaning a window for free.

Smurf whatever next :0

6. Masons

Masons Guru

I cleaned a job once for free to get it, worth it too, 15min job for 15pounds... :)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I never have had the need but thought that sales trick to help close a deal might be worth mentioning :Image10:

8. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Like that Smurf, nothing like a bit of visual proof for sales. Good idea!

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Indeed Mason needs must and all that as is all part of being a good sales person that is to try out different ideas to gain new business.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks

Advertisement