Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vauxhall Combo And A 500L Tank......thoughts?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Looking at fitting a 500L tank in this van.

Its the lager pay load at 785kg, i would fill to 450L

So with my maths

450kg Water

30kg for tank

15kg for frame

5kg pump

15kg hose reel

12kg backpack and trolley

5kg roof bars

5kg ladders

15kg battery

115kg me

20kg cones

10kg ply lined

35kg fuel

5kg Poles and heads

10kg Spares

Total so far is 747kg - What do you think guys, too dangerous as in the morning it will be close to payload.

My thinking has been some roads are 60mph, doesnt mean you can do 60mph safely.

747kg in a small van!!!!!

Also have i forgotten anything ?

That's to much,I've a lovely combo with a 350l and been advised any more could be risky.still pulls well with maximum payload but I wouldn't want a 500 in it.

you weigh 115kg are you 6ft 10 or a fat **** lol.....

I used to have a 500l tank in a combo, it isn`t good, that was the payload your thinking of too..

First thing in the morning its bad also you`ll have to make sure the tyres you buy a rated to the above weight....

2kg then /emoticons/tongue.png

That's to much,I've a lovely combo with a 350l and been advised any more could be risky.still pulls well with maximum payload but I wouldn't want a 500 in it.
I have a 350now

1kg for money
Only 1kg LOL

But I carry carpet machine and bits in as well ,is it a 1.3 or 1.7 damo.
1.3cdti with chipped ecu

you weigh 115kg are you 6ft 10 or a fat **** lol.....

I used to have a 500l tank in a combo, it isn`t good, that was the payload your thinking of too..

First thing in the morning its bad also you`ll have to make sure the tyres you buy a rated to the above weight....
Tyres are very expensive, Dunlop SP SportFast Response Xl tyres £75 each.
6ft exactly and built like a ......................... /emoticons/wink.png

Probably best to leave alone then, i am changing the van next year anyway. So it will do me fine until then /emoticons/biggrin.png

fuel in the tank,

ladders (you included them sorry) and roof racks, towbar plylining as applicable must also be subtracted from the payload.

fuel in the tank,ladders (you included them sorry) and roof racks, towbar plylining as applicable must also be subtracted from the payload.
Allowed for all of that.

how come you chose a small van damo?? i decided to go for something like a boxer relay size. i wanna get a 600L tank and kit it all out like a van i sore on youtube.

Two reasons.

A Was worried about driving a big van lol

B I only work part time, as i do all the admin side of things

BUT

A Been driving bigger vans now, and dont know what i was worried about

B I am working more hours now lol

ive never had a big van before, i struggles to reverse in my impreza so ill struggle in a panel van relay, i need it tho. you ever took it shopping and parked?? thats the thing wot worried me, parking it.

i thought bout a combo 1.7 but wasnt sure it would hold lots of water.

Im ok at reversing now, but remember i have an automatic tv screen and reversing camera /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back