How To Look When Canvassing?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by buzzing, Jan 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I have been wearing my white shirt with company name on it and black semi- casual trousers ete when canvassing to give a good impression. But even with two or three white t-shirts under the shirt with a logo it is freezing walking around like this in this weather at this time of year. And hands are freezing. What should I do? Just put my leather jacket on or woollen jumper and hide the white shirt with my company's logo on it and wear gloves and canvass? or wear more t-shirts? I worry if I don't wear my white shirt I won't give a good impression! Problem is it's short sleeved as well!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

I wear a clean hi viz jacket, looks official enough and you can get em with your company name on :D

3. harunh

harunh Legend

must be cold mate

just wear laods of t shirts underneath and then a thermal top and a full shirt on :)

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Same as donny,

Went knocking with uniform on without hi viz one night, didn't get a thing. Next night went round with company hi viz on and picked up near £100 worth of work,

5. harunh

harunh Legend

hmm thats good ill keep this in mind

6. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

U reckon just wear a hi-viz top with smart trousers and shoes should do it? Where can i buy one of those jackets? Travis Perkins? How can I get a logo on the hi Viz? Also when really cold, do you think gloves puts customers off? U dont reckon wear my casual leather jacket or wool jumper?

7. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Where abouts can u get it with name on? And these jackets warm?

8. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

When else could I use a hi-viz jacket? I do some gardening work and odd jobs? They keep you dry and have hoods?

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I just wear work trousers, black t-shirt, black jumper, and hi viz vest with company details on it.
    If it's cold I wear my company jacket under the hi viz.
    Gloves are fine, it's cold out there.

Advertisement