Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vauxhall Combo And A 500L Tank......thoughts?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ifi get banned i want a refund lol :lol: :lol: i wont be mean tho i need u to knock doors for me when you pluck the courage up to come. its really not ruff lmao :lol:

ifi get banned i want a refund lol :lol: :lol: i wont be mean tho i need u to knock doors for me when you pluck the courage up to come. its really not ruff lmao :lol:
TBH i was thinking about this last nite, last thing i want is my van doing over lol. BUT i will just come over in the car lol

ill come get you if you want lmao :lol: i have 1 1/2 weeks straight with no work coz i crammed it onto 2 and a bit weeks. it happened like this coz of the snow we had a few weeks ago. imagine how i feel i got a subaru impreza parked outside. ill admitt i took the stickers off the window so they didnt see i had cleaning gear in the car lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

does worry me tho when i get a van, its going to be a magnet for crime. most vans in my area are gettting done over /emoticons/sad.png

That's to much,I've a lovely combo with a 350l and been advised any more could be risky.still pulls well with maximum payload but I wouldn't want a 500 in it.
How do you fix the tank to the floor ? I thought to get some belts and tie it to the bulk head ? Mine will have maximum 300L

How do you fix the tank to the floor ? I thought to get some belts and tie it to the bulk head ? Mine will have maximum 300L
Got it fitted professionaly fitted,bolted down and all that.

No diy job,pulls well when full up though,no worries.

I had a 350lt in my combo 1.7.. It was dead when tank was full..

As for driving bigger vans, I just got a transit, the first day was like driving a double decker, thought I was a cert to clip something!! But a week later it's easy, can still reverse park into tight spaces in tescos car park on a busy saturday.. The transit turns a lot quicker than the combo.. Ie.. 3 point turns.. The transit dosent even feel 350 of water in the back and wheel spins in 2nd lol

I had a 350lt in my combo 1.7.. It was dead when tank was full..
As for driving bigger vans, I just got a transit, the first day was like driving a double decker, thought I was a cert to clip something!! But a week later it's easy, can still reverse park into tight spaces in tescos car park on a busy saturday.. The transit turns a lot quicker than the combo.. Ie.. 3 point turns.. The transit dosent even feel 350 of water in the back and wheel spins in 2nd lol
Same happened to me last week - I had to drive a swb sprinter - pretty cool . And yes Sprinters turns fantastic too

I had a 350lt in my combo 1.7.. It was dead when tank was full..As for driving bigger vans, I just got a transit, the first day was like driving a double decker, thought I was a cert to clip something!! But a week later it's easy, can still reverse park into tight spaces in tescos car park on a busy saturday.. The transit turns a lot quicker than the combo.. Ie.. 3 point turns.. The transit dosent even feel 350 of water in the back and wheel spins in 2nd lol
I assume you had a non turbo 1.7.

As my 1.3 with 350l flies lol

Mines a turbo 1.7 and pulls fine when full,gonna get a bigger van next year,not sure what to go for though.vivaro,transit not sure,any advice be glad for.

Yes mine was Non turbo.. Brilliant wee vans the combos just too small for me now..

I always fancied the transit, so that's what I went for, a lot go for traffics and vivaros but ya don't see many transit window cleaning vans.

i get told by most to steer clear from vauxhalls cuz there engines are ****. ford are the ones most ppl tell me to go for. i dnt wanna get a wagon that the you know what use tho ( edited ). i might get a boxer or relay. its what ever pops up this week i guess.

Yes mine was Non turbo.. Brilliant wee vans the combos just too small for me now..
I always fancied the transit, so that's what I went for, a lot go for traffics and vivaros but ya don't see many transit window cleaning vans.
Coz they are all rust buckets mohahahahahaha /emoticons/tongue.png

Not a lover of Renaults,the new transits look lovely and flash,is that what you got fella.
Yeah it does look nice, but at the price they want for a new transit, they can jog on

i get told by most to steer clear from vauxhalls cuz there engines are ****. ford are the ones most ppl tell me to go for. i dnt wanna get a pikey wagon tho. i might get a boxer or relay. its what ever pops up this week i guess.
Vauxhall have long intervals on service thats why. Combo is every 18,000 miles. My combo is 6 years old and has done 55,000 and has been serviced 7 times

its hard to know what to really go for, with my luck im going to end up buying some shed lol :lol:

its hard to know what to really go for, with my luck im going to end up buying some shed lol :lol:
Told you countless times GRRRRRRRR Berlingo - dispatch - partner x reg ish 10 years old less than 100k and you will be fine!

Told you countless times GRRRRRRRR Berlingo - dispatch - partner x reg ish 10 years old less than 100k and you will be fine!
easy tiger :lol: :lol:i dont want mid range van in size, i wanna go like relay boxer etc. i wanna get gutter cleaning stuff on and pressurewashing and generator on aswell

Back