Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

have i bitten off more than i can chew ??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johneastmids

Hi all can anyone help me with this??

been asked for copies of Health and Safety and Method Statements??

to do a two storey office building.

This is our first big comercial job, not done anything like this before, I understand there will be official hoops to jump through, just after a bit of advise.

As just an average traditional window cleaner with a ladder, no wfp, this is new to us is it worth persuing??

Is this easier than i am thinking?

thanks john

Method Statement, Risk Assessment and copy of Public Liability Insurance.

This sounds complicated but is quite simple.

The insurance speaks for it's self.

Risk assessment. Give lots of thought to the dangers not only you will be in but that of the public milling about. Talk of signs, cones and safety barriers.

Method statement is what it says. Write out how you will go about carrying out the work, in detail.

I have had to do this before and thought it sounded complicated but once I got into it it was quite simple.

Method Statement, Risk Assessment and copy of Public Liability Insurance.
This sounds complicated but is quite simple.

The insurance speaks for it's self.

Risk assessment. Give lots of thought to the dangers not only you will be in but that of the public milling about. Talk of signs, cones and safety barriers.

Method statement is what it says. Write out how you will go about carrying out the work, in detail.

I have had to do this before and thought it sounded complicated but once I got into it it was quite simple.
will look in to this now thankyou:thumbsup:

Google it as their are a lot of templates to give you an idea of what you need to put on risk assessment and method statement

I saw some window cleaning ones last time i looked that can be used as a rough guide although you will need your own tailored to the specific job not just copy a template

Hi all can anyone help me with this??been asked for copies of Health and Safety and Method Statements??

to do a two storey office building.

This is our first big comercial job, not done anything like this before, I understand there will be official hoops to jump through, just after a bit of advise.

As just an average traditional window cleaner with a ladder, no wfp, this is new to us is it worth persuing??

Is this easier than i am thinking?

thanks john
price it high though

Sounds like basic requirements for that type of job. Check on Google as davyboy said you will find what you need. Find ones in the style that you find best to work with. You could down load 2 or 3 risk assessments for the same job and the style and layout would look completely different.

It's just a back covering exercise for the company mate, like others have said its straight forward stuff and nothing to worry about. They just want to make sure that the information you supply covers them for any liability if something were to happen.

It's just a back covering exercise for the company mate, like others have said its straight forward stuff and nothing to worry about. They just want to make sure that the information you supply covers them for any liability if something were to happen.
thanks mate:thumbsup:

Back