How To Set Up A Good Window Cleaning Website

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by taramaguire, Dec 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. taramaguire

taramaguire Newcomer

Hi i posted earlier on how to make my window cleaning website alot more professional looking.Just incase here is a link http://www.maguiregreenclean.com I would be very grateful if i could get any tips on how to make this site alot better Cheers guys:)look forward to any replies:)

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Now that just spam lol

3. taramaguire

taramaguire Newcomer

Sorry im new to this

4. Squeak and Bubbles

It's ok. What you have to remember yes a site represents you and your business and first impressions last, but equally you don't want to be ott with your site. Looking at my stats, people look on my window cleaning page, then contact us page, that's usually it, unless there looking at carpet cleaning (i offer this service too).

This is a nice simple site http://www.allbrightwindows.co.uk/

My site is getting changed something like this one (not the exact same) should be done in a week, will post to show you.

Simple and to the point is good.

5. taramaguire

taramaguire Newcomer

Cheers thanks alot for the help :)

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Moving to 'canvassing/gaining work' section mate, looks good to me by the way.

7. laddergarder

Personally I dont like the design. It looks a little amateurish. A few things stick out to me that might help with improving this:

1. The header needs a re thing, the picture next to your logo looks just stuck on there. Personally, and this is just what I would do. Make your logo bigger, drop everything else, but the call us now... box, but get that jazzed up at bit in photoshop.
    2. Your nav needs changed, you have that first tab, in light blue, but that does not change as you navigate through the other tabs. Again I would personally design something a little more professional looking in Photoshop, or possible create a flash header with nav for this.
    3. In your gallery the before and after pictures look good, but why is there another logo in there?

Sorry to be negative, its not all bad, but that the impression that I get from it. Others may like it allot, who knows.

I did a very long winded tutorial on developing your own website, which you can find it the tutorials section. It mainly focuses on creating your own design a layout and slicing it up to bring into dreamweaver. If its something you would be interested in doing yourself as a bit of a project, that tutorial should guide you through it. However. In you dont want to be working a way at it, for months, as it could take that long if you have never did it before. I would recommend speaking to Ian, who is a member on here, he has done a few sites for members on here, and personally I think you get allot for your money, and his sites always look great.

8. harunh

harunh Legend

both good websites

9. Iain

Iain Guru

Cheers mate. Cheque's in the post ;)

This website looks exactly the same as the site they built for Mark M... Can they not develop it for you?

What content management system does the website use?

Advertisement