How to set up ball **** on tank?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Jake, Apr 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Hi guys how is this done? How does it stay in place if using a wheelie bin for example?

I've bought a Loncin 14hp 21litre a minute second hand and need to know how to stop the buffer tank overflowing?

So I'll be filling the tank with half inch hose, what do I need on the end? What type of ball **** etc? And how does it stay In place...

Sorry, I'm a total newbie to pressure washing guys!

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I tend to use a portable ball **** as use customers wheelie bins most of the time (agreed in advance) as I can't be arsed lugging one about in the van.

When I say it's portable it just tightens onto the lip of the opening then the lid is shut. If you prefer to use your own wheelie bin instead then is just a matter of drilling a hole to fit it. Either way I use a male garden tap connection to fit a garden hose to it.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Here is a pic of what I call a portable ball **** that I use on customers wheelie bins

tn-IMG_4310.JPG

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Tip: I tend to keep an eye on the water level so can now judge roughly how much water I need to finish off and turn the water off by undoing the stop connection. That way I don't have to struggle to try moving and empty the bin with loads of water in it.

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Thanks smurf, I've bought one from b&q and also put a 1/2 inch barb on it for the hose, now just need a buffer tank!

The problem with my area is we don't have wheelie bins, our council has refused to implement them! No idea why when most of the country have them! So I need to get a tank, I've found some on eBay that look pretty good - might buy one of these - http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251873538595

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

The other thing is if I was to put a tap in the bottom of my barrel, what size hole is needed to be drilled? Are water butt Tals all 3/4 inch? I need a hole saw to make the hole but unsure what size is needed!

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That will do for sure and is cheap enough too.

To add a tap it's as simple as this

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Smurf I must thank you for you continual advice and support - it doesn't go un appreciated, thanks for always taking the time to really help people mate, really good of you!

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No probs :thumbsup:

10. norm

norm Grand Master

good one Smurf :thumbsup:
    my answer was to throw a leg over the tank and dangle your tackle
    trad guys :rolleyes:

Advertisement