Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day I have cancelled!!!

slippy

Bad weather this morning- some people said don't bother if it's raining, after driving around by 1.30 decided to cancel the day. Right thing? Just spitting now at 2.00. I work just Saturdays so next week will have too many. Can you trad in a bit of rain? Or just wfp? I do both! Generally trad ground floor and wfp 1st floor. Should I offer the 48 hr guarantee that if customer isn't happy when I clean in rain will be back to do it again?

I would just stick to WFP in the rain. Don't offer the 48hr guarantee, you'll regret it when you get a customer from hell. On my payment slip it says 'Contact us if there are any problems' This covers most eventualities.

Nothing wrong with working in the rain, we always have and simply tell the customer if they don't dry to a perfect standard just give us a call and we'll be right back. To date we have never had a call back.

Just please be careful if using a ladder in the rain, wet surfaces of any type are a hazard not to be taken lightly.

I tradded for 26 years in the rain with no issues with my standard of work

As long as you can trad well and not need to detail too much it is not a problem to do

Means you get through more rags though so take enough with you

Back