Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

postage price

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
just been ordering some new supplies for when i return for work i use the window cleaning warehouse first spent about £35 and notice they have taken away the option of the £3.95 delivery and only option is the expedited £5.95! what a liberty then you feel inclined to bump your order up to £50 for the free postage! and dont get me started with grippatank they're mark ups are outragious but ive had my eye on the door lined racking bottle holder the item itself is about £15 then they're minumum delivery is £7.95 unless id like to drive to cambridge (live in mid wales) to collect parts what going on!! :eek::eek:

just been ordering some new supplies for when i return for work i use the window cleaning warehouse first spent about £35 and notice they have taken away the option of the £3.95 delivery and only option is the expedited £5.95! what a liberty then you feel inclined to bump your order up to £50 for the free postage! and dont get me started with grippatank they're mark ups are outragious but ive had my eye on the door lined racking bottle holder the item itself is about £15 then they're minumum delivery is £7.95 unless id like to drive to cambridge (live in mid wales) to collect parts what going on!! :eek::eek:
Yeah, Makes me mad too. I bought a lamp recently which coat 29.95 PLUS 4.95 delivery, when it arrived it was not as shown in the catalogue, so I returned it. I was refunded, but not for the postage, so the lamp that I didn't get cost 5.95 to receive and 4.00 to send it back. I think that postage should be included in the price, because, if you don't pay it, then you can it have it, so it is actually part of the price. I've noticed with window cleaning warehouse what you said about the postage, and so will not use them unless I have no choice

Wintecs do free postage if you want to wait up to 3 days for delivery

Shame they don't sell moerman

I live in Swansea and head down Barry a fair bit, tend to just pop in when passing save postage

as above WINTECS, ive just ordered some scrims from them, any bits and bobs also FREE DELIVERY. yOU DONT WANT TO SPEND £50 all the time, They should have loyalty points to gain free postage especially gardiners, Poles Brushes, We keep them in proffit all year round, It would be nice to get something back, apart from a pen,

So you dont want to drive to Cambridge to save £8 but you expect them to somehow have the item driven to you for less?

Any idea how many people are involved in getting that item to your door?

I suppose though that you are going to have to work a whole 5 minutes to recoup that £8. :rolleyes:

My wife sells a bit on eBay as a hobby, wont use Royal Mail as quite unreliable. Uses a well known courier (Hermems) and that's costing £4-£8 a go.

Some days it astounds me that any suppliers bother. Window cleaners seem to be some of the tightest around when it comes to opening a wallet.

They still have to pay someone to pick, pack and get it ready for shipping which does cost money in wages/ materials etc

I just think some charge more than is justifiable considering they make their profit on items sold

Not in the same position as you guys, but I had to pay £150 to ship my pole, hose and resin up here, which I find reasonable. The suppliers can increase their price on single items and ship for free, or lower the individual prices and add shipping below a certain threshold which I find very fair.

I charge £3.50 for those customers that insist on getting their bill via snailmail, part to recoup my expenses but mostly to try and force them to use email.

I don't mind paying for delivery, as long as it's reasonable, and I don't mind waiting a couple of days for it to arrive. I normally start thinking about an order well before I need the stuff. I live out in the sticks, the nearest town is twelve miles, and doesn't have a supplier. The next nearest is Nottingham, and I'd rather pay the 3.95 than drive there.

Back