Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to start a window cleaning business.

Starting a window cleaning business the basics.

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

#1 Gav, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    I have moved this thread to our new resources area. The replies below were to the original thread. This is now the discussion part of the resource. To see the actual resource please see the top of this thread and click overview. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. MajorClean

MajorClean Member

1. Don't forget Trip hazard cones if you've got trailing hoses
    2. Leaflets with prices on get far more calls than without.
    3. Use EVERY free listing you can! Yell.com and Freeindex are by far and away the best with regular queries if your content is good. Yell will give free links to your website and even video uploads. We get regular calls from Yell which we pay for enhanced listing with, and a trickle of work from Freeindex, Cyclex, Scoot and others
    4. Getting customers to review you gets you found faster in Google and brings more customers.
    5. Your van is one of the best adverts you have; keep it clean and use it! I position mine carefully wherever I park and get calls from people following me in traffic as well as whilst working. (A bit annoying when you get calls whilst driving somewhere non local, but better too much Business than too little)
    6. FACEBOOK! Provided over 80% of my business when I started up. A little post every few days reminding people of what you do gets no end of work from your contacts, friends, relatives and and their family or friends.
    7. A uniform is always advertising for you. Even if you can only afford a bright Tshirt with WINDOW CLEANER on the back, you'll get stopped and asked for quotes more often than not.

3. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Can i just say i have a couple of hundred houses priced at £4.50 each and the way we have always done it is minimum of 10 houses and hour if you have the guys who have the speed and experience, £45 an hour, if out on my own 5 houses an hour £22.50. I've got other work with various prices obviously

4. kev

kev Well-Known Member

I pay a quarter at £11 an hour if they are upto standard

5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

P.s but wouldn't usually do more than 50 houses a day, only in my younger years

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

£4.50 for a house :eek: are you related to cheapncheerful by any chance at that is bonkers cheap?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

They are only small houses lol small bedroom and living room window at the front a side window or two and a few windows out the back, if they want doors done or got an extra bedroom it goes upto between £5 and £6. The houses are next door to each other, like full streets and take about 7 minutes each if going at a decent speed, that's why we can achieve 10 houses an hour doing they ones, back in the day sometimes 13

8. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Back in the day they were only £3.50

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Wow that sounds like a lot of hard graft having to do 10 -13 houses an hour.

If it only takes you roughly 7mins to do each small house trad I'm now thinking changing over to wfp at those prices you would be actually losing money. Resons being it would probably take you longer by wfp and overheads would cost you more to do so.

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

They are due an increase but the last time i put them up a lot of the fornightlys changed to monthly i have about 300 of them that i bought off a mate, the other 100 are mixed prices, and about roughly more than half are fornightly, so dont want to cut off my nose to spite my face, i canvassed about another 50 odd houses which are monthly, they vary between £7 and £30 averaging £10 a house, 3 to 4 days work between 2 men, that is the bit i am considering using the wfp for, as i am working on my own at the moment

Advertisement