Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

slippery ladder rungs

scotty_boy

bought myself a youngman ladder for the odd trad job as im 90% wfp but have been noticing that the rungs are really slippery even when its not raining or my feet wet. is there any diy mods i can do or something i can buy to get some more grip?

Lol I read bought myself a young man!

I have not used there laders but could you maybe file groves in the rungs a bit to make them more rough and gripy. Never really used ladders all that often so not aware of what's about. I am sure others with know though.

The problem might not be the ladder, it could be your shoes. Also, it might be worth giving the ladder a bit of a cean as they can often arrive a bit oily.

Best get rid and get a ladder with better grip.

Tip: always check your soles of the footware you use for mud etc before climbing a ladder

noticed when i,ve been W F P then jump on the ladders

feet wet!! no grip, recipe for disaster mate.

what i do any chance of frost my ladders are off the van and into the garage

stay safe guys

Got cat poo on my ladder today.... Guess who forgot to check the soles of his boots.:rolleyes:

Well I'm old don't you know and lived to tell this tale /emoticons/biggrin.png

cheers for the reply's my trainers are not the best, tried again with Wellington boots on but just as bad, took a trip to the place i bought the ladder from and they only seem to stock youngman ladders and they all have the same tread. been trying to see if there are no slip rubber grips to put on the rungs and found http://www.steponsafety.co.uk/products/ladder-rung-covers/?gclid=CMiO0q-Fn7sCFWzHtAodTHMAEg and was wondering if i painted the rungs with protecta kote could be the same idea???

maybe??

I would not mess about with the ladder myself and would take it back to the supplier that I got it from for a full refund.

when it gets really icey ,first thing in the morning i wipe the lower rungs with a rag soaked in a little bit of Antifreeze , this then moves up the rungs as you work and stops ice forming

Back