How to you connect your heater in the van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Matthew Phillips, Feb 23, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matthew Phillips

Hi guys, just another question from me :) I recently bought an electric heater for the back of my van to keep the system from freezing and I was just wondering how you guys do it. Do you leave a window open with the wire coming out or do you have a hole in the van somewhere, or just leave the van door ajar? Or anything else.

Thanks very much,

Matt

Advertisement
  2. 1576

1576 Newcomer

Shut the cable in the door, the rubber door seals will stop the cable getting crushed. Just shut the door don't slam it.

3. unit

unit Guest

Can any one recommend a heater.,as in fan or convection /oil .
    I will be going down this route as well,cheers.

4. simon

simon Guru

i use a £30 oil rad from argos,had it on from 12 - 8 am n while van wasn't like a sauna it was the only motor on the street without a iced up windscreen this morning, i have 2 fishtank heaters for the tank as well if temp really falls

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

we use tube heaters, very cheap to run,
    also one of the only water resistant heater out there.

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Most of the guys on here (inc me) use oil filled radiators. Just set them on low so the thermostat kicks in.
    Put the extension lead between the two back doors of your van, right down low and hopefully the rubber gasket should give enough to shut the doors

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

yeh i,m the same oil filled radiator for the van and one of them halogen heaters in the garage for RO

8. Matthew Phillips

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciated

Advertisement