how would you handle this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Apr 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

last 3 yrs iv cleaned a biggish 3 storey nursing home 34 bedder with my workers . the manager rang and i was asked to quote in writing and a week later id got it at 85 quid outsides. been no problem since.

today i get an email from Mike [maintenance] at the home tellin me theyve got a much lower quote from another firm and theyre going to try them out so cancel my next visit and we will see how he gets on

my initial reaction is fuc em , i mean iv got so much work thisll not matter one way or another. but now im thinking that this guy Mike [who iv never seen in 3 yrs] is possibly doing this on the sly .maybe his mate or maybe its even him having a go at windows? without authority .
    what would you do?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I know exactly what you want to do, it sucks getting undercut, but there is not much you can do. Just graciously step out. The fun will come if/when they try to get you back- then the world is your oyster. Like you said, you don't need them, £85 sounded cheap anyway.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Why did Mike the maintenance man contact you, is he in charge or the manager?

If you want to keep it contact the organ grinder and ask WTF is going on.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

im not really bothered IF i keep it ,its hard work.
    but i AM bothered the way this guy emailed. this home is part of a chain ,organized,written quotes . i know if my services were being cancelled a manager would write a letter not a maintenance man .
    im thinking IF this new guy fuks up and im asked back, somehow i must make sure Mike suffers loses his job in the process

5. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

You, or the missis, could directly give the Home a 'courtesy' call saying that you are sorry to lose their custom over a 'cheaper quote' and 'not to hesitate in contacting you if they need your services in the future' See what the reply is :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

good idea"!

7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

If it was me I would contact the Manager for confirmation. Just in case there was some sneaky business going on or a mistake.
    I clean a wedding venue every month but got a phone call from someone in the office telling me they were cancelling me. So I didn't turn up again. Then I got the annoyed owner ringing up asking why I hadn't cleaned the windows as arranged. It turned out that the office should have cancelled the cleaner, not the window cleaner.

8. SWCS

SWCS Member

If they really are trying someone else they won't last long at cheaper than your price. Sounds like you only just make it pay.

When they come back to you put the price up.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

how high ?

10. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Are these on a monthly clean Boarcity?

Advertisement