Howdy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by slic, Jul 13, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slic

slic Guest

Hi all.
    I have been researching wfp on this forum for a while and have found it very useful, so I thought I would say HI..:)

I am looking to change my dull factory job and my brother has been window cleaning for years and brought an Ionic pro 5 system a few years back and I often work with him. I however can not afford such an investment so have been as I said researching.

With a reading of 55ppm out my tap at home I have decided to go the route of 2 DI canisters after a carbon settlement filter my bro has given me. Running the canisters in line as recommended on this forum. Still need to find out if I need an out filter running this configuration as my bro has a 0ppm out filter.

anyway Hi all and thanks for the help I have already gathered from your old post and hope to chat soon.

slic
    (Dave - West Mids)

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Slic, and welcome.

not heard of putting a pre filter before the DI vessels before - but makes good sense.

As far as the out filter, if you carry out regular checks on the water going into the tank it shouldn't really be needed.

The only advantage is that you can fill the tank with tap water in an emergency - but in this case I would prefer to carry a spare DI vessel & fill zero tds into the tank. I like to maintain zero at all times in the tank.

Hope it all works out for you.

Dave

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Two 11L DI vessels is fine,wouldn't think a filter after the DI would be necessary unless you mean the one before the pump.Hope you can get to put your research into action

4. slic

slic Guest

I can not remember if it is before or after the pump but def after the tank (not the little strainer) will take another look Friday.
    Thanks for the reply's, I have already sold my car and brought the van so am well on my way.
    Looking forward to normal hours to instead of these 3am starts, of to work now.

slic

5. kars

kars Guest

Hiya. Good luck with ur venture and hope to hear how you are getting on soon.

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome!

Advertisement