Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad Week So Far!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mrtaytay

Its the worst part of this job....the unpredictable weather!. I got one big house done on Monday then got rained off. Got rained off all yesterday but managed to do some internal windows at one house. Just had to cancel a big house today (60 quid job) because of the rain and look pretty rained off for the rest of the day.

Takings so far this week:: 48 quid!!

i feel your pain :lol:
+1 it's absolutely throwing it down here but forecast is to brighten up so I'm hopeful. So is my mum she's on the list today and no'one likes to let their mum down lol.

yer know the feeling, but at least you can spendt he day at home chasing leads, contacted companies etc! so in away its not a lost day!

nope...always something to do....bookwork...even e bay to make up for lost cash!!

I can never settle though...like a cat on a hot tin roof waiting for the weather to get better. Dont know how many times in a day I refesh the bbc weather site!!

i suppose the secret is to have a little side line for when you are rained off.
yer thats true, my company also does other property maintenance work too, so can get a lot of indoor jobs too! but i can make more money window cleaning than doing them tho!

I have a few internal jobs that sometimes keep me going on days like this. Nipping out to do someones gutters later. It wont make for a profitable day, but at least I get them out of the way to make more time for the windows.

I need the perfect e bay product to sell

I have a few internal jobs that sometimes keep me going on days like this. Nipping out to do someones gutters later. It wont make for a profitable day, but at least I get them out of the way to make more time for the windows.

I need the perfect e bay product to sell
at least it dont matter to much with gutters!

yer dont we all!

work in the rain mate ! i woke up at 8am today and its been raining from 8am till 1pm ! and i was soaked ! it was shooting down ! i still worked in it /emoticons/smile.png

it has to be done mate.... ive always said to myself wouldnt like to work in the rain etc... but now here i am grafting in the rain /emoticons/smile.png

first day at work this week started at 11.00 so not a bad days money in , looks like another day at home tomorrow and maybe get friday in if i am lucky

H is right work in the rain most residential custies aren't at home or don't care, and commercial custies aren't fussed whatsoever

H is right work in the rain most residential custies aren't at home or don't care, and commercial custies aren't fussed whatsoever
but if u got plenty of money then sit on ya ass /emoticons/wink.png lol

ye cos your loaded mate /emoticons/tongue.png and not every 1 wipes their asses with 50 pound notes lol

I dont think you can do a proper job when its piling it down. Not sure how you can walk away from the windows knowing they are streak free. The residential customers certainly mind if their windows are cleaned when its raining. A bit of light rain or drizzle is ok...but its a no no when the rain is heavy.

It rains heavy a lot in the uk winter so if we dont work in the rain we may aswell pack it in, its most likely gona rain after its been cleaned anyway

Light rain is fine, heavy rain is not.

At the end of the day we gota work for a living, the windows will only have streaks if you don't wipe down the frames, the dirt comes from these.

Otherwise try Gould dry streak free.

I know this for a fact as I tested it on my dads.

I k ow some people think rain is dirty, well I live on a flight path so there is probably fuel in the rain etc, but after it rains they still dry streak and spot free for at least 2 weeks after the clean.

Light rain is fine, heavy rain is not.

At the end of the day we gota work for a living, the windows will only have streaks if you don't wipe down the frames, the dirt comes from these.

Otherwise try Gould dry streak free.

I know this for a fact as I tested it on my dads.

I k ow some people think rain is dirty, well I live on a flight path so there is probably fuel in the rain etc, but after it rains they still dry streak and spot free for at least 2 weeks after the clean.
your learning /emoticons/wink.png

Back