Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Meter Bill

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

Just had our water meter bill through our door today.

bearing in mind that we live in a 3 bed house, have a 2 adults and a 2 1/2year old living here, dog,cat & rabbit, 10ft x 10ft greenhouse to water, 20ft x 10ft veg garden,

and i use a 200gpd R.O System that uses 3000lts of water to make 1000lts pure water at the minute. and this is what our bill was:-

period of charges

17th November 2011 - 18th May 2012

Total water charge:- £89.31

Total Sewerage Charge :- £113.96

Total of £203.27 for 6 months.

that only works out to be £33.88 a month. £8.47 a week!

so goes to show even on a water meter it dont cost as much as you think to have a meter fitted!

Ha sweet!

That's ace then, pays for itself doesn't it.

How do you put it to your accountant for business use?

at the moment i dont, but what im going to sort out over winter is to fit a meter onto the water before the RO and then just charge what i use to the business.

think anglian water charges about £1.45 per 1000lts so will then charge that amount per 1000lts to the business.

and u can clam ur sweage for wots used in to RO ,cos sweage is priced on water usaged to house hold

Wow thats cheap init.

What would it be if it was a set price each year?
water supply - £191.10

sewerge charge - £217.01

then there is a charge per £ of rateable value:-

Water Supply - 34p per £ of rateable value

sewerge charge - 35p per £ of rateable value

I could be wrong but think I heard somewhere that you can have a meter on the outside tap for business/garden usage at a cheaper rate.

I could be wrong but think I heard somewhere that you can have a meter on the outside tap for business/garden usage at a cheaper rate.
The business rate on angling water is higher than the domestic rates. but could be something else

Just had our water meter bill through our door today.
bearing in mind that we live in a 3 bed house, have a 2 adults and a 2 1/2year old living here, dog,cat & rabbit, 10ft x 10ft greenhouse to water, 20ft x 10ft veg garden,

and i use a 200gpd R.O System that uses 3000lts of water to make 1000lts pure water at the minute. and this is what our bill was:-

period of charges

17th November 2011 - 18th May 2012

Total water charge:- £89.31

Total Sewerage Charge :- £113.96

Total of £203.27 for 6 months.

that only works out to be £33.88 a month. £8.47 a week!

so goes to show even on a water meter it dont cost as much as you think to have a meter fitted!
I

Back