Hydrophobic glass help

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Pickingpaul, Dec 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Ive been wfp cleaning for 6 months now and its going great using home made trolleys.

I noticed everyday i work the odd house or houses have hydrophobic glass varrying in degrees of hydrophobia. I thought after a few cleans it might sort of get better some how but it seems the same and im Starting to remember which houses are like it.

So how do u clean these? Im having a whale of a time cleaning glass that wateralls and i know they are drying close to perfect, but i can see on the hydrophobic panes that there is lines of dots of dirt that even when i scrub with the brush doesnt want to move yet alone rinse.

So there must be some special tricks to doing this glass? Ive not had any complaints about it yet but i like to do my job well and it annoys me that i cant get them to the high standard, ive been sort of turning a blind eye to it i guess.

Advertisement
  2. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Its mentioned here and there and i had this advice from Diwrnach yesterday, thanks mate

"Yeah I hate that glass, it cleans OK you just have to rinse it a lot more with smaller moves down the glass, it is a right pain though and no idea why it is like it.

Anyone know why some is like it? you can even get two panes on the same window one is fine the other isn't?"
    Diwrnach

3. abs

abs Guru

Isn't it something to do with temperature differences during the making process

4. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Interesting abs, ive not heard how its made before, im looking n youtube, i seem to remember perry tait talking about it once in his future of cleaning videos

5. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

6. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Does vision help with hydrophobic glass?

7. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Scrubbing the glass with a bronze pad, anyone tried this? Seems a pain doing it to every hydrophobic window on ur round but i guess once its done its done.

8. abs

abs Guru

This really seems far to much hassle, I find rinsing slower is all that's needed and if your customers aren't moaning I really wouldn't worry m8

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I thought it was going to make phobic act more like philic. It hasn't for me as yet. Kevin, who makes it told me that over time, maybe a couple of cleans that it can.

10. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

I am told its put on in different ways. Most is dipped in a chemical. I hate the stuff, I find fan jets are better with it, on a higher flow.
    I watched a USA clip where he rubbed the glass with copper wool and this removed the coating. Thing I will give it a go. Is this a pan cleaner in a metal ball?

Advertisement