Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hydrophonic to hydrophyllic

chip

has anyone heard of the story where a bloke used bronze wool (whatever that is) and turned a window from phonic to phyllic? apparently it was in a w/c mag a few months back, don't know if that made it a permanent transition or if it's an old wives tale.

while we're at it does anyone know anything that does it, ecover and vinegar has been suggested not tried it yet, but just ecover in wfp doesn't harm anything.

I have heard this before and apparently it does work a little but doe not fix it for ever as for as i know.

Ric, the windows still need cleaning just makes the water sheet better.

I've seen it before, but it seems to take ages to get a window sorted, and it doesn't last that long.

I find hot water, or ecover help

has anyone heard of the story where a bloke used bronze wool (whatever that is) and turned a window from phonic to phyllic? apparently it was in a w/c mag a few months back, don't know if that made it a permanent transition or if it's an old wives tale.

while we're at it does anyone know anything that does it, ecover and vinegar has been suggested not tried it yet, but just ecover in wfp doesn't harm anything.

Bronze wool is like steel wool pad, I use here in the states as a dry touch up it comes in 000 (which is very fine), no fear of rust like steel wool scratching the glass. I will use 000 or 0000 steel wool wet then toss at the end of the day or job, and can keep a bronze wool around till it is almost dust.

Steven

Never heard of this before? I'm slightly intrigued.

I've just watched this video,

He knows what he's doing and I think hes onto a good thing there.

James.

Good video - looks very effective.

My only concern is how long it would take to go round all the hydrophobic panes of glass on my round.

In honesty I don't think I would bother - rinse well they still dry nicely.

As hinty said great vid but just takes more time, when you can still get a good finish without.

Maybe if i had a real problem window i might us it.

my thoughts too gav (can't watch the vids though) may have a little experiment at home, got an alloy framed patio which is a swine, though better since i added ecover (i think) but beads like mad. anyone know where you can get the finest grade in the uk, only seen coarse on amazon?

it means the glass sheets rather than beads, hence less chance off spotting

it means it sheets rarher than beads, hence, less chance of spotting

it means the glass sheets rather than beads, hence less chance off spotting

it means it sheets rarher than beads, hence, less chance of spotting
Chip, get the coarse bronze wool, it may come with a manuf. name that you could follow through to see if they do "fine".

good thinking jeff! once again you've thought outside the box.

p.s do you know what's happeneing at window tools?

my thoughts too gav (can't watch the vids though) may have a little experiment at home, got an alloy framed patio which is a swine, though better since i added ecover (i think) but beads like mad. anyone know where you can get the finest grade in the uk, only seen coarse on amazon?

anyone know where you can get the finest grade in the uk
decorators merchants!

while we're at it does anyone know anything that does it
I am testing some stuff at the moment, /emoticons/wink.png

Back