Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer had an increase of 1/2 a kilowatt from cleaning solar panels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You get sadder by the day Steve,
Did I say they had lights on? No. I said 500 watts would power x y and z. It was an example. Learn some English.

As for it being a public forum, your right, however not one customer is going to be trawling through this to find out info. If they did they'd see a lot more than just people saying things about solar panel cleaning. Think of 1000's of posts about window cleaning that alude to similar things. Customers wouldn't have window cleaners if they read all our posts.

And anyway, I've said nothing that isn't true! So it wouldn't matter in the slightest. The price increase is fully justified, and even more so when obvious power gains are seen.

As smurf said in a previous post, it's not about the time, it's about the service. The customer was happy, and that's all that matters.

As for electric shock, You do realise that all domestic and commercial solar panels are fully waterproof, and all the wiring is waterproof as is the conduit and junction boxes. There is no danger Steve, your a plonker. Solar panels are safe to clean, the wiring is no more dangerous than any other electrical appliance.

So stop trying to make money by doing some stupid course which has no value what so ever.
The extra 500 watts will NEVER power those lights unless they have them on in the middle of a sunny day. I will let you work out why, but that's a fact.

Regarding the picture, those were the VERY FIRST panels I cleaned about 6 years ago. We have developed our working procedures a lot since then. Thanks for pointing out the pic though, I have now changed it.

You obviously have an amazing portfolio of solar panel clients and I have no idea what I'm on about. I bow to your superior knowledge. Bye bye pigeon.

Last edited:
The extra 500 watts will NEVER power those lights unless they have them on in the middle of a sunny day. I will let you work out why, but that's a fact.Regarding the picture, those were the VERY FIRST panels I cleaned about 6 years ago. We have developed our working procedures a lot since then. Thanks for pointing out the pic though, I have now changed it.

You obviously have an amazing portfolio of solar panel clients and I have no idea what I'm on about. I bow to your superior knowledge. Bye bye pigeon.

Yeah your spot on, but then, it's not hard to be superior to you is it?

What the heck are you on about with the lights? Have you admitted you were wrong yet? You seem to think I was saying thy had lights on while I was there. Why on earth did you think that? I can't believe you also can't read, as well as write.

Remember Steve most led lights these days use as little as 3 watts.

Poor bloke,

All your getting is people hammering you Steve, so will you bog off from the forums? Everyone on clean it up is also laughing at you. Go away. Stay away, and stop robbing people of money for some pathetic course.

no www jake play nice there is some people out there who dont know how to clean panels etc and thats what the course is for

at the end of the day the bloke is only trying and god loves a trier

no www jake play nice there is some people out there who dont know how to clean panels etc and thats what the course is for

at the end of the day the bloke is only trying and god loves a trier

With all due respect, nobody needs a lesson to clean solar panels mate...

And if people really don't know how to clean them, there is plenty of free info on forums such as this and CIU,

And by the way, just so you know, not one person on either forum has been supportive of Steves daylight robbery solar panel course...

Most solar panels just get clean by getting rained on

And there not hard to clean

But if this guy is selling a course well that's ok -as long as he's honest he's not robbing anyone

Everyone chill out!!

I would only need to answer your question about lights if you didn't have the answer. Evidently you do @Jake

I cleaned two houses today. One with 12 panels & one with 16 panels. They are two bungalows next to each other. I got the pole set up ready and took a picture immediately before starting and one immediately after I'd cleaned them. The weather was total overcast so I'm presuming it wasn't a coincidence that the output almost doubled after the clean.

Output - 361w at start of clean.

Output - 712w and rising immediately after the clean

Customer is very happy and has booked me in for regular 6 month cleans now.

@Solar Steve do you ever find houses down your way that have panels completely facing the wrong way? I was quoting a house yesterday afternoon, and I always get the compass app out just to make sure they're south facing. To my surprise, the guy said his next door neighbour had them too but wanted them on the back roof of his house which is north facing as they look unsightly and would spoil the look of his house :rofl::ninja:

Lots do that mate, because they are really ugly and will still generate power without being on the south side.

If someone just wants a top up of elec, then north side is ok, it still works...

The north side attracts more moss and growth. I've done a few East/west arrays. Pointing bang on at the sun is always gonna be best though. Done some flat ones, good in the summer and **** in the winter. I guess it depends on what is obscuring the sunlight, if there's loads of buildings or a mountain on the south side then north side will be best.

I had an enquiry from a customer at the weekend there about the possibility of me cleaning her panels. 10 of them in total on a nice wee bungalow. I went today to have a look and explain the process to her. She decided she wanted them cleaned today. The sun was beating down with not a cloud in the sky and her control panel reading before the clean was showing the current output was 1200w. :eek:

I wasn't keen on doing the clean in that heat but proceeded with caution anyway as it is a bit out of the way. Immediately after the clean the area went total overcast and by the time I'd packed the gear away and climbed up to the attic to read the control panel , the output had dropped to about 580w :ninja:

Pretty gutted as I'm keen to get before & after like by like readings, but she was happy as she'd spoken to a previous customer who also had a massive increase and she was also happy with the price and wants me back in November again. :thumbsup:

View attachment 4627 View attachment 4627 View attachment 4627

Back