Other Hypo/soft wash guide/advice.

Discussion in 'Other' started by Diwrnach, Apr 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

OK so I keep seeing questions about hypo and soft washing etc so thought it might be a good idea to try and make a guide for people.

Now I am completely new to it, I have a 25l drum of hypo I have had for bloody ages and never used it as I always just pull the pressure washer out, but I have a tarmac drive with loads of moss on it next week I think hypo will be perfect for, so, lets have advice and mixtures for various jobs and surfaces and I will try and update this first post with it all to try and make a guide.

First off this is what I have, I got it from a local farm supplies shop, it was around £18 if memory serves. I believe you can also get this from swimming pool supply shops but not tried as I have a farm supply shop very local to me.

[​IMG]

I also have a Matabi sprayer, its like the normal pump type prayers but it has viton seals, this is important as otherwise the hypo will eat the seals, these don't get eaten, it was around £30 I think? I can find a link to it if people are interested!

So, over to you hypo/soft wash experts.... (I am looking at you Eviestevie )

List of surfaces and the recommended solution and application,

Slabs (patio/path/drive) -

Concrete -

Block paving -

Tarmac -

Conservatories -

Stone walls -

Give advice on each and I will add it, if you have any other surfaces that can be cleaned I will also add those.

Advertisement
  2. chrissyman

chrissyman Member

Pretty sure tarmacs one of the things that can react with hypo mate. Dont use it on that job till someone that knows more than me comes on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Read algoclear is good for tarmac, but from my admittedly small amount of research it seems it is just a very weak hypo solution?

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

No

I use it flat out on Tarmac comes up brilliant and don't use a sprayer think more water can totally soak the drive it kills all on it thenpowerwash half the time To remove dead moss. If u any probs just ask

I done one before Easter real bad with moss
    I sprayed it on a mon morn and cleaned Wednesday morning
    I use it with water can and only added small amount water to dilute as I wanted a strong mix

5. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I'd use algon on Tarmac pretreat couple days before
    I think Tarmac is harder to clean the blocks,concrete etc
    Once it's wet it looks clean so you have to make sure you cover every inch so when it drys it's clean
    use a low pressure and never a turbo so there's no damage any soft spots and it will rip um up
    You'll only see it when dry
    I always use a Tarmac recolour and sealer it's not expensive about £55 for 20 l I pay and looks amazing better than the drive was laid
    Tarmac no matter how clean it is I think looks **** unless coloured but that's my opinion

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

image.jpeg
    I did big K rend house clean - went great but - leaked hypo on Tarmac due to crappy reel
    What's the stuff you use even Steven ..?
    He said it looks like someone's been dogging round side of his house !! Not happy

7. peter rogers

tt.jpg ttt.jpg ttttt.jpg t.jpg tt.jpg tt.jpg ttt.jpg ttttt.jpg t.jpg

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Is that algoclear mate?

9. peter rogers

was large tarmac drive raw hypo put down with water can then powerwashed few days later came up sweet

any tarmac drive i do the same as it is far easier to clean

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

It's Tarmac restorer but also recolours the drive
    Available most places and it's cheap
    It lasts as well

Advertisement