Other Hypo wall cleaning

Discussion in 'Other' started by champers999, May 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. champers999

champers999 Member

So Im nearly ready to do my first wall wash, I would like some input as to what I have purchased and see if Im missing anything or something yous would have done different.

Obviously this is starting on the cheap as an add on, I dont do pressure washing yet so trying to get this started basic.

Knapsack IK Multi Sprayer - 12 litre
    any idea as the the best coloured/type nozzle to allow hypo with surfactant mix to spray on to the walls (if you could provide me a link would be great)

Sprayer Extension Lance - 5.4-metres
    Sprayer Extension Lance - 3.2-metres

Not sure whether to go with a 5.4 meter lance (backpack operates at a max of 4 bar pressure so not sure if mix will even reach the end of the lance?) or would the 3.2 meter lance be better.

Got my Hypo and Surfactant (which I'm now told fairy or baby shampoo will do the same job?)

Now not sure if I need this do I? But I was thinking after spraying my solution on then I would use this to clean and rinse off?
    Basic water fed pole, if there is something cheaper that you are aware then please let me know.
    17FT WATER FED WINDOW CLEANING POLE, WITH BUILT IN SQUEEGEE: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I hope you appreciate I am doing this on the cheap and that you get what you pay for but until I see if this side of work takes off then I will look at getting the proper softwash gear.

Many thanks in advance
    Champs

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

u need a wee bit of a stifffer brush imo

also the hypo will knacker that backpack fast the seals watch them as u dont want stuff running down ur body
    but yes it will do to start off mate good job

3. champers999

champers999 Member

Thanks Peter,
    I was told to get a sprayer with Viton seals which this IK sprayer has, so is it a waste of time going for this one mate, or should I just get a cheaper backpack sprayer.

Any thoughts on the lance size mate?

4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

You don't need the WFP if you got decent mains pressure get a good long range X nozzle £20 Argos much quicker also

5. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

That sprayer is correct

6. champers999

champers999 Member

Thanks mate, Iv had a look on Argos but cant find it, when you get a chance can you post a link please?

Just a thought and Im sure the X nozzle is very good but do I still not need to scrub/brush the walls to get them clean?

7. champers999

champers999 Member

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

That's the one
    Well on walls it usually comes off
    What sort of surface is it ?
    I wouldn't bother with that cheap pole
    Get Unger opti loc plus Unger screw on brush head , and fixi clamp
    they comes in handy all the time plus you can use it for wagtail , gutters , roof scraping etc

9. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

10. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Yes Mate good flow but could not calibrate it with digital controller

Advertisement