I AM TOO QUICK TO HAVE CLEANED THE WINDOWS PROPERLY

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by STOZ, Jul 2, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. STOZ

STOZ Guest

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS COMMENT MADE TO THEM. I FIND IT HAPPENS ON LARGE CONTRACT BUILDINGS AND THAT THE CLIENT SEEMS TO THINK THAT I SHOULD BE SPENDING LONGER ON THE JOB. I EXPLAINED THAT SINCE THE INTRODUCTION OF THE WFP SYSTEMS THE JOB HAS GOT QUICKER TIME WISE. THE THEN SAY THEY SHOULD BE PAYING LESS. I EXPLAIN TO THEM THE "WORKING AT HEIGHT REGULATIONS ACT" AND SOME SEEM TO THINK THAT I AM FILLING THEM FULL OF RUBBISH. I THEN GOT MY NEW BUSINESS CARDS DONE WITH MY H & S CREDENTIALS ADDED TO THEM AND THIS SEEMED TO WORK FOR MOST OF THEM.I ALSO EXPLAINED THAT I HAVE BEEN WINDOW CLEANING FOR OVER 30 YEARS SINCE I WAS 12 WHEN I USED TO HELP MY PARENTS COMPANY OUT ON A WEEKEND AND SCHOOL HOLIDAYS AND THAT I ENJOY THE JOB 99.9% OF THE TIME AND I AM PROUD OF WHAT I DO. IT DOES DISGRUNTLE ME SOMETIMES THAT I GET TOLD HOW TO DO MY JOB, I WOULD NOT GO INTO A GARAGE OR A SOLICITORS ETC AND TELL THEM HOW TO DO THER JOB. YOUR OPINIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HERE !

Advertisement
  2. uribra

uribra Our new service cleaning shops window...

:):mad::)
    Sounds so annoying and hurtful, I'm sorry you had that experience. some people can be so conceited, it's mind boggling. I myself never had that exact experience, but every now and again a client acts like if I clean windows for a living, s/he must be smarter then I am. I try not to get offended (especially when i know it's not true. I have a university degree and I built my own window cleaning business that provides for my family), but it still stings sometimes..
    Where are you from, STOZ?

3. STOZ

STOZ Guest

i live in hull, east yorkshire, i also agree that some people do think as we are window cleaners we get spoken to as 2nd class citizens and are looked down on. cheers for the reply

4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I often mention to them that we also have to do a lot of work behind the scenes which we are not paid for - filtering the water, testing the water quality, loading the water, charging batteries, maintaining poles etc - pad it out a bit, and makes them feel that you are doing more for them. I also mention that a lot of customers are pleased that we are not in their way, and causing less of a nuisance to their day to day running.

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

I lost a job because they thought I should of taken longer to clean their windows,I said I charge per job not by the hour and if they can find something wrong with the clean I will do them again for free,Next time they were due she rang up a couple days before and cancelled.Then when I turned up to do the other houses I saw these two guys turn up with ladders and leather scrim thingy,Had to laugh did 3 houses worth £120 to their 1 which I use to charge £25.I go to work to make the most amount of money in the least amount of time and I make a point of telling disgruntled customer (not many) I am extremely busy and if their not happy with price or think I'm too quick to of cleaned them properly then find someone else.

6. uribra

uribra Our new service cleaning shops window...

All the best! :)

Advertisement