I am willing to have another go trying liquidator again

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by davewindowcleaner, Feb 18, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

#1 davewindowcleaner, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    I am fed up at the moment not being able to work, i got a couple more weeks to go before I can start work again.

When liquidator first came out I didn't get on with it

So I thinking while i am recovering I would like to try again with size 10 & 14 channel.

Will the liquidator channel fit on to any wagtail handle? The wagtail I got you can see in the picture below.

I am sure i read somewhere about using heat gun to change the angle of the wagtail handle, is this necessary?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Scots lad

Scots lad Active Member

Couldn't tell you
    But wish you a speedy recovery
    Best take it easy and get better proper than rush back and end up off again

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

I wouldn't be without a liquidator on a wagtail handle- for trad work.it will fit the handle in your pic-no probs!!!still getting tiny swirl marks though!!even with new rubber(using black diamond rubber)I don't use a heat gun.loosen the Philips screw until its slightly floppy on the glass and it will work a treat

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

youve GOT to get the moerman channel sitting at Exact same angle as it was with the wagtail channel [ else it wont work ] this is how i got mine exactly right before i drilled the centre screw wagmoe43.jpg hole with the blue disc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. mark

mark Forum Addict

hey boar!!! do you get swirl marks when you've done your mod,thanx

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You don't need to do that
    As long as the channel is in the clamp with the top of the channel touching the top of the clamp it works fine
    It helps to heat the lower part of the clamp with heat gun and push it against a table or flat surface while the channel is in it to take up the slack creating a tighter fit
    The mod where you heat the handle and alter it to 20° is the simplest mod ever and i wouldn't use a wagtail without it now whether pole or by hand
    This is the mod

This is how it works for me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I see how I get on with it first before I start thinking about heating the handle.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i never do no. the lads who work for me couldnt get on wi the MoerWag and gave up . but iv hung on , and altho its not as good a glider as the wagtail original , it makes up for it in lack of detailin needed

9. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I have sacked mine for good, gone back to my faithfull ettore stainless and ettore rubber cause the red razr has turned into rubbish quality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

Used a liquidator for the first time today. Only did two houses before it went back in the van. Just couldn't get on with it. Think it could be the moreman rubber that I don't like so going to try again tomorrow with the old faithful ettore rubber in it
    As it stands at the moment I'm a long way off being impressed though.

Advertisement