Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds 046 From Tap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My waters 276 from tap & use 2 4.5 litre dis together so would say a small 4.5 one would prob do. 5kg of resin. That's great from your tap. I fill up 6 25 litre barrels about every 6 weeks.

My waters 276 from tap & use 2 4.5 litre dis together so would say a small 4.5 one would prob do. 5kg of resin. That's great from your tap. I fill up 6 25 litre barrels about every 6 weeks.
All you use are 2 DI's? I suppose 150l every 6 weeks doesn't call for more than DI's. Interesting though, I wonder how long the resin would last with more wfp use. I use around 500L a week but use an RO and DI (I'm around 350 tds). The water production is painfully slow though at around 20-25L an hour. Ive thought about upgrading to better RO system before winter as it would be good to get the whole lot made in a day but I wonder what the resin cost would be without using the RO as the flow would be great, very quick production. 2 or 3 DI's in series might be a good experiment.

What life are you getting from your resin?

All you use are 2 DI's? I suppose 150l every 6 weeks doesn't call for more than DI's. Interesting though, I wonder how long the resin would last with more wfp use. I use around 500L a week but use an RO and DI (I'm around 350 tds). The water production is painfully slow though at around 20-25L an hour. Ive thought about upgrading to better RO system before winter as it would be good to get the whole lot made in a day but I wonder what the resin cost would be without using the RO as the flow would be great, very quick production. 2 or 3 DI's in series might be a good experiment.

I filled the first 150 litrs with 1 di & have now filled another 300 litres using 2 di's & still ok. Water is between 000 & 003. Have just ordered a portable ro to help with the purification tho.

Have a look through video section. Mark M has discovered the 2 di set up, I'm not sure how high his ppm is, but it speeds things up, no waste water.. Also not sure if it's saves ££ or not..

Back