I cannot wait for tomorrow....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Masons, Dec 11, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Masons

Masons Guru

So, these last 2 weeks I've had 5 days off with a broken van, 2 days off with broken equipment, and 3 days with bad weather.
    During this time both me and the wife have had terrible colds, we've had a lot of stress from bills and both been anxious about the weather.

But everything's sorted for tomorrow, so now I have to just get on and get it done, I hope hope hope if everything is well tomorrow weather wise I maybe able to get 3x my usual daily wage done as I've picked work to kickstart a recovery and pay for the bills I haven't managed to pay.

5.30am start, finish will be when it's dark no earlier.

This terrible december will not ruin the year, I won't let it.

OOOOSSSHHH!!!!

Just checked and though it's going to be a clear ***ht which means frost and a drop in temperature it'll be sunny all day... WOOOHOOOO

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

Make sure you cover up equipment best you can to avoid any damage due to freezing and crack on only 12 possible work days till the holidays :) and don't forget a flask of hot drink to you going

3. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Were you from bud?

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I hear ya masons, sounds like you are due a change in luck!. I was off wed thurs and fri last week, but fairly small round compared to some, so only a couple of days behind schedule, and forecast here (n.e. scotland) looking ok. Its tempting to go flat out when you have lost so much days, but if you have only just got over a bug, that might not be such a good idea, the bug may come back with a vengeance!. Wrap up warm, drink plenty of hot drinks (hot orange if you can stand the taste!), and if you start to feel like s**t, call it a day. Better to lose another half day or 2, than another week or more if you overdo it and the bug comes back. Take it easy dude, and remember what john lee hooker sang; 'if it wasnt for bad luck, i wouldnt have no luck at all'!. :)

5. Purus

Purus Guest

Yeah,been in that same situation. The forecast where I am in west Berkshire is bad for tomorrow!!

6. Masons

Masons Guru

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm being very careful this year with equipment as lost 2 RO vessels last year. And cannot afford the same mistake this year.lol
    I'm based in Yorkshire neil. So we don't get the worst of the weather in the country but not the best either. hehe

7. how'd you lose the vesseld did they crack

8. Masons

Masons Guru

Yeah, I had two different systems, both sustained damage.
    But as we moved house in December and they were constantly being moved and what not I had no chance to really keep them properly safe.
    Le sigh.

9. Masons

Masons Guru

It may be dark but it's not much harder to clean windows, early starts are for restaurants, hotels and car showrooms, as it's out of business hours and if someones there and you can get inside you're alright.

10. laddergarder

Just got a van back today that was damaged over a ***ht of high winds, these things happen though. We get this every year over winter and do ok, so don't worry about it too much buddy, it will work out, but you have the right at***ude, make the most of the good weather while its there.

Advertisement