I don't know how often yet??

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Greener, Apr 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

Hi all, how do you handle customers who enquire via email about a quote and say"I don't know how often yet??" I normally offer every 4,6 or 8 weeks? But I have a feeling this one would want it as and when? In the past I have turned down a clean as they wanted it done every 12 weeks but when I explained the cost would be more they weren't willing to except.

Advertisement
  2. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

Keep it simple every 4 or 8 weeks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Say to them "8 weeks is the longest i do so I'll start you on that and if they are getting dirty too quick let me know and I'll do it more often"
    Then they either agree or you walk

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would charge them for a one-off clean first. That way you cover your added time and effort if it's totally minging. Not only that will soon sort out people that are messers as that one sounds like to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Greener

I had a small regret at walking away from the one that wanted a 12 week clean, but I soon got over it ;) as I'm just starting out I know what I do today will set out my stall for the future If you know what I mean? I haven't yet decided to charge extra for first cleans, and maybe ive been lucky as all my current customers have not pi**Ed me about when it comes to second clean. Smurf how do you progress pass the first clean charge? What I mean is I understand charging a higher cost for first cleans but then how do you discuss ongoing cleans once the first clean is completed?

6. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

greener i only have one 12 week one and only do it as he does his own and the frames always clean wen i come and all that he has me 4 times a year as he say he like the windows getting done right once in a while lol ive had him 2 years and it takes same amount of time as the otheres in estate

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's easy as if they decide a frequency longer than 2 months it's classed as a first clean in my book so I just tell them that and price it accordingly.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

as you say, set out your stall and stand by it. i find if i keep them talking,if you can make them laugh [not always easy! in desperation iv been known to say why are you so damn unfriendly and that CAN break the ice,tho not always... ] they often will later fall into line.
    i myself only have 2 options that i bandy about , 4 or 6 weekly , in reality theres only the 1 option,the 6 weekly- but when they see its either 4 or 6 ,they plump for 6 thinking thats the misers choice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Greener

Cheers boys ;) I'm going to stick to my guns and only offer a Max of 8 week cleans and any new enquiries I'm going to add and extra 50% more onto the first clean than any future cleans? And see how it goes, just a bit nervous about the extra charge on first cleans:confused:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's your business so you can run it how you like. Ideally though you should not be selling on price alone as will end up grafting for very little reward.

Advertisement