Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What size?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

What size wheelie bin do you guys use if you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size wheelie bin do you guys use if you do?

140l.

I drilled a hole in the side and installed a float valve so it doesn't overflow when first filling up. Then once i get started I generally take the hose and put it straight into the tank not via the float valve because it does create a slight restriction.

30lpm machine and its fine. a 500l tank would be nice but I need to get a suitable vehicle first.

I have a 500ltr tank in my van but I've been told not to use it, I don't want to leave my machine by my van if I have to be round the back of a house doing a patio or whatever incase someone nicks the machine what's the best way to do this?

I have a 500ltr tank in my van but I've been told not to use it, I don't want to leave my machine by my van if I have to be round the back of a house doing a patio or whatever incase someone nicks the machine what's the best way to do this?

If the machine goes quiet run to the van quick!!!!!!!

If you do not have a bypass valve on the pressure washer pump it will be virtually impossible for someone to disconnect the hose without turning the machine off and releasing the pressure. So as long as you hold onto the hose really tight where ever the machine goes you are going with it.

Just get a garden water butt @Neil , that will be fine mate, mine sits nicely on the passenger seat when driving to the house,

They also have a tap at the bottom to easily get rid of excess water at the end of a job,

Here's a pic of mine to give you an idea of size, the float valve sits near the top to stop it overflowing when off the trigger, or having a coffee/food break!

If your machine is 15lpm then you won't need that big of a water butt, mine never emptys, if you've got a 21lpm machine then a bigger one would be good,

They also usually come with a lid as well, so you can cover it up easily while working to stop leaves and debris falling in the water...

View attachment 5747

jake could you post some pictures how you fitted the ball **** to the water butt & were too get the bits- needed.when you get a chance.thanks

No wheels though jake surely a wheelie bin would be easier ?

Never thought about it @Neil

I've never needed to move it as I have 30 meters of hose,

But if I did need to move it, ot would only take 5 mins max to empty the barrel while working and then pick it up and move it...

A wheelie bin full of water would weigh a tonne mate, and wouldn't be easy to move being full of water, they are so big lol

But I can honestly say I've never once moved my water butt on a job, you shouldn't need too really, but if you do, just use the water up and then move it,

The reason I went for a water butt was the size, it fits nicely on the passenger seat, so I've got room in the van for the PW and all the window cleaning bits...

But I'm sure a wheelie bin would be great if you have room for one :thumbsup:, I just like the compact size of the water butt, and the Tap to empty the water if needs be at the end /emoticons/wink.png

I made one same as jakes with ball **** etc but used a small wheelie bin, never got to use it as couldnt get any work so sold the machine lol

I take a chunky bike lock to every pressure washing job, and when its lunch just leave it tucked away somewhere in the garden chained up to my ladder or something solid. It'll stop the opportunist thief, or at least make it very difficult to nick. As for worrying about it when using it, lol, if they've got the ******** to do that, then I aint getting into a fight with them!

I take a chunky bike lock to every pressure washing job, and when its lunch just leave it tucked away somewhere in the garden chained up to my ladder or something solid. It'll stop the opportunist thief, or at least make it very difficult to nick. As for worrying about it when using it, lol, if they've got the ******** to do that, then I aint getting into a fight with them!
Just put your 0 degree or your turbo nozzle in and give them a quick squirt at close range. They will soon leave.

@Jake what connections would I need to put on the lower part of the water butt to connect the PW to it as I heard its best to draw from the bottom of the butt??

Back