Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

canvassing in winter months

WCF

Help Support WCF:

MARTIN27

Hi guys left it late this year just started canvassing again just wondering if there was anyone who canvasses in the winter months as I want to build on what I've got cheers guys

i started my biz in october 08 , leafletted right over that winter ;)and had a round of sorts by the following spring

PLOUGH ON i say !

I started up again last june and had a decent ish round come February most of that was from winter as that's when i cut my hours right back at the driving job i was also doing

Mostly from bookface and leaflets though

in my first year i canvassed right through the winter and picked up loads of work, another great help in getting extras like facias and soffit and gutter clearence is to show the customer before and after pics using an ipad or tablet and it makes the selling of your services a lot easier

I personally say the next 7 weeks are the time to canvass your buts off, kids just broke up from school for summer so usually at least one parent around to talk to and the can see in broad daylight how cruddy the windows and PVC are.

Whenever I am working during school summer holidays i have people coming over 'could you fit us in?'

Prime time.

Back