Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp? No Thanks!

that heatwave thermo 1 is online north of £2.4k, that is literally an insane price for the luxury of hot water. It would have to like half the work time for me to buy one

It does half the working time.

A bit of common sense will tell you that.

Like it's been said it's expensive, and there is a reason as it's better.

If it doesn't speed up your cleaning, you are 100% doing something wrong.

If you don't have a dish washer try washing your dishes in cold water, and wash your clothes in cold water and while your at it have a cold shower.

Once you work properly with hot water systems you wouldn't go back to cold. If for whatever reason I forget to turn the heat wave on you can tell the difference remarkably and then it's hot water all the way.

Regular maintenance cleans all methods clean well, Hot water just cleans quicker than anything else.

Hot water makes the work so much easier.

I must make a video.

It does half the working time.

A bit of common sense will tell you that.
Hardly a matter of common sense, and more a matter of experience with both systems to know that hot water systems are that much faster. Having never used one I wouldn't know. If you were to give a reason why it halves the time of a cold water clean on a regular maintenance then I would be very happy listen and learn, rather than condescending comments about cleaning dishes. The fact that a regular clean requires only one go over of the frames and two agitations of the glass, makes me very sceptical it would literally half the time.

I find it funny. The longer everyone stays cold water system the more money we will make. Lmao.

bull mate cold water will shift a layer of dust just as as quickly as hot. If you can't do that with cold as quickly as you can with hot its you that's doing something wrong. All a hot water system will achieve with that scenario is less money in your pocket. Bad initial cleans, algae covered connies maybe but the cleans I mentioned absolutely not quicker and no I haven't tried one I don't need to the cleans I said aren't covered with chip fat or dried on egg either.

Hardly a matter of common sense, and more a matter of experience with both systems to know that hot water systems are that much faster. Having never used one I wouldn't know. If you were to give a reason why it halves the time of a cold water clean on a regular maintenance then I would be very happy listen and learn, rather than condescending comments about cleaning dishes. The fact that a regular clean requires only one go over of the frames and two agitations of the glass, makes me very sceptical it would literally half the time.
What the hell! Don't ever question hot washes hot water system. It's like Richard and his magic brushes. Lmao.

But you and dodger have summed it up perfectly.

Must admit if I'm honest I do like using hot/warm water when I'm working in cold weather as keeps me hands nice and warm :Image3:

Must admit if I'm honest I do like using hot/warm water when I'm working in cold weather as keeps me hands nice and warm :Image3:

Hahaha trust you. Don't get me wrong I'd probably love one for the right jobs and yes I agree it would be better and faster for the right jobs but on a standard maintenance window clean absolute bull. And if you can't tell you've got bird poop off when using cold neither could you tell when using hot as you are obviously visually impaired.

Oh and the bird poop I've found a very quick wet down with cold water, start at other end of window and in the 30 seconds it take to get back to it it comes straight off, tecbuk hybrid way cheaper than the 2.4 grand hot water system lol.

Lol I am getting a hot system for conny roofs as I do around 4/5 a month.

But no way is it twice as fast on regular cleans. When I talked to ionics even they didn't spout that BS.

for £2.4k I would want the pole to be automated and do the cleaning by itself while I drink tea and read my paper haha. Rc did a DIY, might ask him how much his cost

for £2.4k I would want the pole to be automated and do the cleaning by itself while I drink tea and read my paper haha. Rc did a DIY, might ask him how much his cost
Yes he sent me a vid,I'm going to give him a shout when I upgrade my van.impressive stuff fella.

Portable gas water heaters are as cheap as chips to buy but carrying gas around is a safety issue, That's why some like webasto type water heaters instead as they run of diesel.

One of the cleaners round my way upgraded both his vans to hot water - but he said at the time it was more of a luxury than a necessity, and that he'd never claw back the cost of the systems.

Did it because he had a lot of work along the seafront, and makes the salt marks a bit easier to clean off - but it has doubled his diesel bill!

Ladders are not banned, but the customers who moan at why I don't use them anymore I tell them they are ;-)
Just tell them its a EU directive which it is, totally banboozles them cause they blame eurocratic european nutters

Back