Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tubeless pole 'conversion' done - video

Jake

All done, simple and effective,

It does snag at times, but not that badly at all really,

All you need to do, as others have said, is not collapse the pole completly, then it'll never snag.

I just wanted to demonstrate the in and out motion of the fitting going up into the pole,

But, this isn't how I'll be working with it, I will be leaving the top section around 3 inches extended -

TO KEEP THE FITTING IN THE POLE!

(Had to say that in big letters, because I know some people won't get it and will moan that it will always snag)

I decided to only leave 2 inches of hose sticking out, so I can still collapse the pole almost completly, so as to still keep its short length,

This is now my only pole hose, all my poles can now be stored with no hose, they now all connect to this john guest fitting, the van looks nice ang tidy! Plus I can now store poles on the roof without any hose dangling into the van,

Thanks to @daveyboy1 has done,

I chose the JG fitting as its lighter and smaller,

Ps. Couldn't talk in this video as Neihhbour over the road was out in front garden and I'm too embarrassed to be talking about window cleaning things on me jack jones to a camera!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcJUBObLkM8[/media]

Did it with Rectus as I'm back pack only so I can click my hoses together and store them neatly with no tangling. No issue with weight of the rectus.

Did it with Rectus as I'm back pack only so I can click my hoses together and store them neatly with no tangling. No issue with weight of the rectus.
That's cool mate

Well nice vid Jake /emoticons/biggrin.png
Lol, what an amateur video filmed from my iPhone balancing on my bucket :rofl:

The things we do for the forum!

Neighbours must think I'm hilarious fiddling about with hoses all the time :rolleyes:

Ah ok must be someone else !
I sewer someone was using microbore for it
That's jimmyboots on his thread about it

Microbore on van mount reel straight through pole

Nice one @Jake :thumbsup: That's right, you just need enough sticking out to connect the hose. (couple inches) The smaller the hose is sticking out, the less you need to keep the first section extended.

Don't know if you have worked with it yet but you will find it great not having to use connecta balls or such like that get caught on everything.

First day will be tomorrow @jimmyboots looking forward to it !

To be fair stopped using connector balls months ago anyway, but still, it will be great not having pole hose everywhere!!

I'm going to do the same thing on the weekend with mine, let me know how you go on with it, so do you not use a inline tap @Jake as you use a one shot? I'd be glad to get rid of protector balls as there a pain and get caught on everything they see on the way round most houses!

Do you use the wider reel hose then have a connecter of some kind to reduce to pole hose? Thats currently what I have with a inline tap. I like the idea of leaving all other poles without any hose in them and just thread that up the pole thats required. Most of the time I'm only using my 25ft pole but there are times I need to use my 30ft and 50ft.

Lol, what an amateur video filmed from my iPhone balancing on my bucket :rofl:
The things we do for the forum!

Neighbours must think I'm hilarious fiddling about with hoses all the time :rolleyes:
Ha ha its all for the good of the forum /emoticons/wink.png

I'm going to do the same thing on the weekend with mine, let me know how you go on with it, so do you not use a inline tap @Jake as you use a one shot? I'd be glad to get rid of protector balls as there a pain and get caught on everything they see on the way round most houses!
Do you use the wider reel hose then have a connecter of some kind to reduce to pole hose? Thats currently what I have with a inline tap. I like the idea of leaving all other poles without any hose in them and just thread that up the pole thats required. Most of the time I'm only using my 25ft pole but there are times I need to use my 30ft and 50ft.
Yep no Taps mate,

Yeah I've still got the pole hose connected to the main Hise with rectus 21, but I've ordered a barb reducer to replace it with, so no more rectus fittings!

Back