I hate bank holidays.,,

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Masons, Apr 6, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Masons

Masons Guru

Me and the wife are always working on them anyway, I see no point in having a holiday that most people HAVE TO TAKE OFF. I'd rather work and choose a day off rather than be told I will have a day off.

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I dont know what you are objecting to there mate, you dont like bank holidays because you dont want to be forced to take the day off. But you are a (self employed?) window cleaner, and you have just said you always working on them anyway. As far as i can see, its all the better for you, you dont have to take the day off, but if you choose to work, people are more likely to be home, so you will be more likely to get paid there and then, and also, there is a good chance that a neighbour (who would otherwise be at work) might see you and ask you to do their windows too!.

3. Masons

Masons Guru

Yeah but I cannot bank monies, I cannot clean some businesses. Everyone gloats about not having to work, and although I gloat the fact I am earning money, most people don't get it cause they hate their jobs...

Waste of time off imo.

4. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

i hate the fact that every weres i wanna go seems to be shut and the weathers usually Swear word!

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Bank holiday's are paid holidays, so they will be 'earning money' too.

When i used to work at stagecoach, i hated it with a vengeance, so i would never volunteer to work bank holidays (or any other national holidays)!.

But i would agree it is a waste of time, just listen to the traffic reports on bank holiday weekends, who would want to go and sit in their car, stationary, on a motorway with a couple of screaming kids for hours on end?,

NOOOOOOOO!!! :-(

6. Posh

Posh Hero

We English do love a good moan don't we lol

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Always moaning mate in the summer it's to hot in the winter it's to cold working to much want a day off bank holidays come up I can't afford not to work lol British are class

8. mark m

mark m Hero

life is for living ,Relax you only live once take time off

9. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I woke up today and totally forgot it was a BH - then saw there was hardly any traffic and realised - then forgot about it again - not one custy today even mentioned it lol

10. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Told custies that I was going to clean today, 2 have cancelled saying it’s a bank holiday and one said no because it’s raining. I changed to WFP on the weekend; they don’t know yet but wish I had changed last month they would not have moaned...

Advertisement