I have been very silly.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by shazzy692002, Nov 26, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. shazzy692002

Before anyone jump in and tell me im stupid....I KNOW...

Found a van on gumtree. guy had been posting on there 2 years....he also had a website...so felt quite comfortable handing over £250 deposit for a £5k van........to be delivered Monday for £100. (yes unseen only photos).

I text and call him about 10 times on Monday. everytime he said am dealing with it,
    same again Tuesday.....this time I called another number off website, the guy answered sounded very simple, telling me that the truck that was taking van from Guilford to Chelmsford had broken down.
    Today I texted the 1st guy saying, I want van here by 4pm or will have to take this further. He text back saying take further, the van is in guliford if you want to pick up, I made it clear to him that I can not pick it up....he said my loss then.....I have told him I am willing to wait a few days to get truck fixed, but now he is not replying to text or calls....ffs. Why don't people just be honest. if he was honest in the 1st place I would have said "yeah I can wait" but he lied everytime I called him....
    Not sure what to do next. don't really wanna lose£250, but cant get to Guilford either....cowboy me thinks. !

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well fist I will get this out of the way

How can you spend 5 grand on a van you have not seen properly :confused:

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

somethings not right. nobody would cart a van on a truck cos itd cost a fortune in fuel , when they could just drive it one way and get train home. thats how its normally done

4. TolishAPurd

Gumtree is absolutely rife with con artists. i should know, I literally just renewed my adverts on there. :thumbsup:

He might have just got the hump shazzy, and just decided to give you a hard time. Give it a few more days when you've both calmed down, and then re assess the situation.

5. shazzy692002

It was verbally agreed that if it was not as good as the pictures and description show then I would lose the £100 delivery.

6. shazzy692002

Apparently he has office at Guilford and Cambridge....there lorrys clutch has broke so he tells me..

7. shazzy692002

I have always refused to use gumtree, but felt quite comfortable with this...bigger fool me. Obviously not a very good service man...if I treated my customers that way, I would not have a business.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Did you pay by credit card both the deposit & delivery charge?

9. TolishAPurd

Don't get me wrong, he sounds like a complete tool. But there is a chance hes just bad at customer service, and not a conman, so it may be worth appealing the human side of him to get your money back. Then if that doesn't work call the police on the issue as that is clearly fraud.

10. shazzy692002

Not paid delivery. offered him cash on delivery for remainder but he said he wanted bank transfer....so just £250 deposit.

Advertisement