Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside Clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Been asked to clean the inside windows of a regular customer, I have no idea what to charge him, for the outside I charge him £20, he has 18 windows. Any addvice would be great thanks.

I have the same problem with pricing insides up, i use wfp on the outside, the way i look at it, if I charge £20 for outside, I would look around £10 for inside but thats just me!

My pricing structure includes a small starter charge if you like to account for setup time, but bar that which the customer only pays once, I charge the same for the outsides as I do the insides. I am trad. So if its £10 for the outsides, its £20 for in and out, plus the starter charge.

Insides aren't always quicker to do, as some times you have to remove blinds etc, and you also have to take extra care when working in someone's property. Removing ornaments from sills etc, shifting sofas in some cases.

I always find the insides a lot quicker to do than outsides! no up down ladders for one! I always ask the customer to take anything off the cills, that way i dont have to worry about breaking anything!!

If it was a regular customer of mine and I charged them £20 for outside I'd charge them double just, £40

If its new or recently got or people I'm not really fussed about I'd ask for double and a half, £50

Insides are like first cleans and if they are smokers or have pets or kids the windows will be stinking..

those windows in smokers houses are bad! feel like throwing my stuff away after i finished with some of them coz how yellow/brown everything with!!!

insides are horrible lol, a lady ask me if i could go back to do insides at 6.30pm one evening.

when her husband gets home so he can remove curtains etc....

i said ok i normally charge double, but, she misunderstood what i meant and said yeah i will pay you double /emoticons/tongue.png

its £15 for outsides, but, monday i will be there at 6.30pm to do insides for £30 lol what a result haha

Insides are the same as outside, same windows etc, so I charge the same for inside as outside am trad.

why charge more or less when their exacly the same lol.

I also charge the same inside as outside same amount of windows and no use of ladders just one room to another so why charge more, I get the customer to clear the window sills as I'm doing outside so all ready to go

Thing is I'm not trad and its going to take me forver, I have spoken with the customer and he knows I'm not a trad cleaner but he's still very keen for me to do it, think I'm going to charge him £30/40

it will take you longer, but you will get there! just make sure you got some microfibre clothes to hand to wipe anything u leave behind on the glass!

Most of the customers who I clean the insides for as elderly, so I don't like to ask them to clear sills etc, also if they start doing it in front of you, they are slow and you would be quicker clearing it yourself. But if they are not elderly and there is allot of stuff on there sills, then yeah I ask them to clear them when we come by.

As for smokers, I soak all the windows up that are bad, usually the living room and kitchen first, then go away and do the rest then come back to the ones I soaked up, and re-soak them again. That helps break up the brown residue and they clean up allot better without streaking.

If it was a regular customer of mine and I charged them £20 for outside I'd charge them double just, £40

If its new or recently got or people I'm not really fussed about I'd ask for double and a half, £50

Insides are like first cleans and if they are smokers or have pets or kids the windows will be stinking..
Nothing worse than cleaning a heavy smokers windows. I triple the price for this. After cleaning them you cant use the scrim, cloth or sleeve untils its been washed again or you get the yellow sticky run off. All it does is make other windows dirtyer

i charge x 1.5 for insides and i use a spray bottle with water & a splash of fairy in it that saves on carrying a bucket & dripping lammy about inside also spraying the glass uses much less water & saves on wiping the sills & splashes, you can blade the glass & catch the drips on your lammy & dont have to bother putting towels or scrims down for patio doors, if there smokers use a drop of white vinegar in the water

Latest Posts

Back