Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting work at 6pm tonight...!

Just spoken to the caretaker, I've postponed it till tomorrow because as smurf said, it's starting to blow an absolute gale here now! Wasn't bad at all an hour ago, but really whipping up a gale now!
Looks like ill be drinking me beer after all!:cheers:

Posted this last night boys, keep up /emoticons/tongue.png

Ha ha, I've quoted things from page one for you...

Hopefully weather permitting I'll be able to crack it out tonight...

Should do it it 3 hours no problem.

I couldn't though. My arms would kill after 3 hours of continuous work.

I am nearly 50 and BEEP :rofl:

Ha ha, I'll let you know tomorrow, starting it at 6pm tomorrow, had to wait for the weather to pass!

do u do the windows in the middle thats non see thru ??

as when u rimse the top pane ontoit all dirt is eventually going to run down how do u clean the ones that meet the sunshade thing ??

as when u rimse the top pane ontoit all dirt is eventually going to run down how do u clean the ones that meet the sunshade thing ??
I just won't do them, they except that I can't do every bit..

top post top job top man jake...oh the joys of youth I remember it well...endless energy and optimism:D

good luck

yeh was too windy yesterday even cheapie bottled out and went bungalow hunting...

where I may add ...a previous post about meeting other windies is haunting me...

I was just putting banana away when two windies from stoke pulled up to do the bungalow opposite...yep they had been windied a bit as well..

since that bloody post every where I turn I meet other windies...drove around the corner and there on the drive another local windie...aitkin...hi....sorry if its spelt wrong..

I was sneaking off home at three as usual and I dont think the other two windies could really understand cheapies business plan...its okay ...I dont understand it either....

BUT...i TOLD EM TO GET ON HERE GAV:thumbsup:

As you say that building is all glass I would still want all the opaque panels of glass cleaned (washed and rinsed down) too whilst all the clear glass was being cleaned.

I know some bits would be very awkward to get at but at least the building would look a lot cleaner than dirty drip marks left all over the place on those opaque glass panels.

I guess you get what you pay for:D

Van mount smurf, I have a 750l tank,
I've done bigger jobs on me own, at the end of the day I've told the caretaker that it's not gonna be perfect due to the style of windows etc etc, and he's happy for me to just do what I can...

The opaque panels will just be left, haven't got time to dickie about doing them, caretaker knows that.

Oh and I work fast smurf, very fast;)

just want to know how much do you charge for a building like that i clean windows in a different country not many window cleaners about,

Did it!

All went well, was very very hard work, took me from 5.45 to 9.30, bit good money for the time spent..

Facilities manager wasn't bothered about the opaque glass guys, don't worry about that, All was good, they were well chuffed, I got the job as the last window cleaner was useless, so they were really pleased with what I did. The opaque glass isn't black so doesn't show spotting that much anyway. I always explain potential issues to the facilities manager/caretaker... Don't mean to be on the offensive smurf, just saying that I'm the one dealing with them, and I knew what they wanted done...

If they want the opaque parts done then that's extra £££ that they don't want to spend, so it suited me really, made it a lot faster and easier...

View attachment 4570

View attachment 4573

View attachment 4571

View attachment 4572

Last edited by a moderator:

As i said, they knew that they weren't going to be done, and there fine with that, they just wanted the see through glass done

again top man jake wish I had the boll ocks to take that on but me too old now...

but then again...if asked.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh think I would have to go van mount then...

jobs a good one then nice one mate /emoticons/biggrin.png
Cheers!

Worked hard to get jobs like these! Now all I need is a team to do them for me! Hard work on ya own!!

again top man jake wish I had the boll ocks to take that on but me too old now...
but then again...if asked.../emoticons/biggrin.png

You could do it cheap! If I can, you can, I just thought 'right it's gonna be hard work, but sod it, head down charge' it was tiring, but I just kept going!

Back