I Just Noticed How I Damaged Ma Pump

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, Feb 8, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

When i used to put my punp up to 99 my pump used to seem like it was gna blow up or sumit so ma new 1 came today a d it works fine :) so i rang purefreedom to ask them wat fuse the pf battery takes cos i knew i got the wrong fuse he goes 7.5 i go to him reeli :eek: i been usin a 20/25 amp fuse :| wtff i go my pump got damaged i go u think uts cosa the fuse? He goes it can damage the variatream n pump , hmm az if lol

Advertisement
  2. crystalview

crystalview Active Member

True mate when i damaged my pump it burnt my digital controller out should see it inside looks like it got set on fire , the pump reversed the polarity to the controller that was unfused and killed it totally @-:

3. Razersharp

Razersharp Newcomer

The advice you got there is correct, a fuse is to protect the cable and whatever is connected to it; the smaller the amps the more protection, all you have basically done is removed the protection and are relying on the controller and pump. Look at the amp rating on the pump, if its 6 amp that means you are expecting it to take 14 amps more than it wants before the a 20 amp fuse will blow.

4. harunh

harunh Legend

Ye true mate :) 7.5 all the wsy

Thanks

Advertisement