I Just Resigned Today..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Oct 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

As some of you already know, i am moving from PAYE to a 3 months contract at my work.

this is so I can work 4 days a week and have a extra day to window clean (fridays)
    I have too many customers 218 last check and I have been working weekends (sat and sun) to keep up.

so I have my meeting on Wednesday and I basically said I don't want to just leave during Christmas but I do want to leave after the new year, say end of January.

My boss already heard via the grapevine that I was planning on leaving in January so offered me this deal.

It was a honest meeting and there was no lying from both sides. I just talked to him over a beer as one director to another, since I have a LTD company.

I am happy and hes happy (the other director sits behind me and hes a saffer like me)

result...

So I gave him my resignation and signed my contract which starts 5 November. Lucky I had booked a week off at the end of the month and its paid for by the company so thats going to be my last holiday as a paye.

Advertisement
  2. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

well done mate, glad your taking the plunge, and with 200+ custies you should be fine

3. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

yes, my wife was a bit nervous because she does not work but is a full time mom, we have a 2.5 year old boy. but the money is only dropping from one job and I said to her I have too much work to do on the weekend and I also need to have a sunday off once in a while..

by the end of this month I will have worked for almost 30 days straight... but after that life starts getting back to normal... YAAAAA cant wait

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Fair play buddy all the best to ya .

5. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

May I ask how much you was on in your full time job? I'm looking to do something similar shortly.

6. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

you can ask

7. CNS-southwest

Lol, we'll I'm on 16k ATM n struggling so was kinda hopping that wen I move over and get established, then it would be less of a struggle lol

8. All Round Cleaning

mines worth over 10k a yr for 1 day a week as it is mate and your in london so you will be a lot better off .

9. CNS-southwest

That's good to hear mate as its the one thing I worry about lol.

We have a team meeting at half 2, bearing in mind they cut the bonus by 95% last month, I'm worried slightly, but then apart of me thinks one door closes another opens.

10. All Round Cleaning

too true mate .

my life is a prime example of this !!!

in July last yr I suffered a sudden cardiac arrest and died twice !
    I had a very good paid job working nights and i also had my own welding and fabrication business growing too
    i was on very good money and everything was going to plan .
    we had booked our family holiday booked our wedding and then bang everything had gone at the bat of an eye .

it took me 12 months to get back on my feet but im getting there slowly but surely .
    my wife has started a job and im doing this and to be honest you learn not to dwell on the past .

Advertisement