Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sickness insurance

No i have toyed with the idea but i just put some cash in savings now and then

Was paying mortgage insurance in case of redundancy which has come in handy in the past but now that needs cancelling as i can't make myself redundant

Could pay sickness insurance with that

No i have toyed with the idea but i just put some cash in savings now and thenWas paying mortgage insurance in case of redundancy which has come in handy in the past but now that needs cancelling as i can't make myself redundant

Could pay sickness insurance with that
was thinking of swapping my public liability insurance to sickness insurance

I wouldn't. .if someone trips over your stuff i would say they need to look where they're going but they would claim so tou need it

Same as lasders falling on a car etc

I looked into it, was about £20ish a month....but they need proof of earnings to pay you the % of your wage, so decided against it lol

Had this before from a American company , can't remember the name now I cancelled it after finding a rich wife

I looked into it, was about £20ish a month....but they need proof of earnings to pay you the % of your wage, so decided against it lol
yeah that wouldnt suit me if thats how it works

I wouldn't. .if someone trips over your stuff i would say they need to look where they're going but they would claim so tou need itSame as lasders falling on a car etc
good point its one or the other for me think i will stick with the public liability

with info shazzy and you give as forgot about joe public:rolleyes: and thinking because i only do private houses

cheers

i used to have sickness inshorence but got fed up with the monthly review hounding me all the time trying to get me to up grade the finel straw was they then put the monthly payment up so i cancled then they said o we will leve it as is i said no thanks to late now:rolleyes::rofl:

burt reynolds [hero]didnt bleve in insurance in his film Deliverance . no risk PAHH!

i would like to say thats my mantra too

However i do have the legally required insurances,

burt wouldnt hav done that

Last edited:
Not much chance of that happening to you on a ladder boar

Squeel little piggy

Boar you're a trad dude

I'm gonna post a pic of a nursing home my mates firm cleans the insides of

Wants me to quote him

Already has a guy but wants to see if i can match him but wont tell.me how much

If i am close ish it should be mine as the other guy not doing a good job

I got no idea where to start

I know what i would want to charge but don't know what's competitive

Last edited by a moderator:
im the wrong person to ask ,cos when i was on my own i based my prices on "as long as it fills your day,any moneys better than nothing! " e.g. fairly big mansion at £36 . whats worse i did it for 3 years at the same price , more fool me!

course im more careful now,with employees, i get the price about right now . very few buildings like that above are done trad now and the acceptable standard of a clean is low . is the current cleaner trad?

if its being done wfp id wager that its priced roundabout about 100 quid right now ,maybe less . if i was asked to do it trad id want 200 take it or leave it, but only cos ive a full diary

if i was back on my own ,and at a loose end, id do it for £100

cash or cheque on the day, no 30 day invoice messing about

Last edited:
Is a trad guy

Quite easy i reckon and mostly grass all round for ladders to dig in

Gonna be a whole days work methinks so gotta be couple hundred squids i think

If i get it my mate will pay me as he charges the home for the whole cleaning package and subs the windows out

Latest Posts

Back