Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Budget for one pole - SLX 18,22 or 25 What would you choose?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Max

I got the budget for one pole only to team up with gardiner back pack on trolley, but can't decide which height to opt for. I will be doing standard houses in Herts and Bucks areas. I'm thinking of adding another pole at the end of the summer so to get me started I'm looking at the SLX18 but worried this will limit what I can do, the 22 with maybe an extension or the 25. It needs to get me going for the 6 or 7 months of starting off but would also need to work in conjunction with another pole in the longer term.

Would much appreciate your thoughts, many thanks.

I was in your position a few months ago and opted for the SLX18 and quickly regretted my choice. It's a great pole and you'll have no problem reaching the first floor but that's all you'll reach. I found I was turning down too much work from people with three storey houses, second floor flats etc. I got two extensions (cost £144 from Gardiner) so I'm good now but wished I'd got bigger to start with. Definitely get as big as you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I can do pretty much any job with a 25..just the odd very high velux i can't reach

I wish you didn't @Adams0211 i was liking you passing townhouses to me lol
How you getting on with the extensions?
At least I got to pass them onto you rather than just telling them I couldn't do it.

I'm getting on fine with them. The pole didn't feel right for the first day or so what with the added weight and the little bit extra length but I soon got used to it.

Easy enough to take them off when not needed though and do 99% of your work with the 18

I had the 25 and was the only pole I used it was perfect for pretty much all my domestic jobs.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had a similar dilemma when buying mine. Decided on the SLX22 with one extension rather than the 25. Reason being the 25 is over 20 cm longer than the 22 and when you consider about 40% of the time you'll be using it on the ground floor it just makes life easier round the various obstacles you come across in gardens. It's lighter to boot and I rarely use the extension but it's there when needed. The 18 would be too short

Slx 25 good for getting to Windows above big connys, best all rounder pole, does 99% of my work, got an extension for 1%. I've had mine 2 years n only got extension a few months ago for 2 jobs.

I got the budget for one pole only to team up with gardiner back pack on trolley, but can't decide which height to opt for. I will be doing standard houses in Herts and Bucks areas. I'm thinking of adding another pole at the end of the summer so to get me started I'm looking at the SLX18 but worried this will limit what I can do, the 22 with maybe an extension or the 25. It needs to get me going for the 6 or 7 months of starting off but would also need to work in conjunction with another pole in the longer term.Would much appreciate your thoughts, many thanks.
If you are definitely buying another pole at the end of the summer, then I would recommend the 22ft pole as it really is a very easy to use, maneuverable size pole. Then in the summer you could always add some extensions or a 30/35ft pole for higher stuff.

However if you are not sure whether you will be getting a second higher pole then it would be best to go for the 25ft pole as it is much better for reaching third storey dormers etc.

I have been using a 22 slx for the last couple of days and i do notice the difference on ground floor work

After over 12 years WFP my choice is and would recommend the 25ft. I've used one as my everyday pole since they were originally retailed by Gardiners. Used an 18ft one before and struggled with Velux, windows over conny roofs and basically anything higher than a bog standard 3 bed semi. You will be severely restricted with an 18ft pole IMO but completely free with a 25ft. Ad a swivel neck and no tight, low, small space is any restriction./emoticons/wink.png You will only have to gain one job which the 25 can do above the 22 and the 25 has paid for itself. If I was going to be restricted to one pole then it would certainly be the 25ft.

The 22 with an extension is about £25 more than the 25 on its own and will do the same job but be lighter and shorter when you need it to. It's extra money but well spent imo

Just echoing what has been said go for a SLX25 take base section unless doing 3 storey town houses , If their is no chance at all within the next year or so of doing town houses then a SLX22 will serve you well I am 5ft 2" and manage windows above connys etc easily with my Xtreme 22

The 22 with an extension is about £25 more than the 25 on its own and will do the same job but be lighter and shorter when you need it to. It's extra money but well spent imo
Another good option, just bear in mind depending on your work, adding and removing a section could be more trouble than it's worth though.

I was in your position a few months ago and opted for the SLX18 and quickly regretted my choice. It's a great pole and you'll have no problem reaching the first floor but that's all you'll reach. I found I was turning down too much work from people with three storey houses, second floor flats etc. I got two extensions (cost £144 from Gardiner) so I'm good now but wished I'd got bigger to start with. Definitely get as big as you can afford.

I agree, I bought a SLX39 mainly for one 4 storey block of flats but I use it for everything above ground (I do have a 6 ft for ground floor and bungalows), there's always velux, over conservatories etc. and the extra height is so useful, buy as big as you think you will need.

I agree, I bought a SLX39 mainly for one 4 storey block of flats but I use it for everything above ground (I do have a 6 ft for ground floor and bungalows), there's always velux, over conservatories etc. and the extra height is so useful, buy as big as you think you will need.
I'm assuming you take sections off it?

Latest Posts

Back