Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

House roof cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
Hi @Gav doyou think it would be possible to add a 'roof cleaning' category alongside your soft wash, water fed pole etc. I just feel like roof cleaning is a huge category that's being overlooked I'm constantly searching for advice on roof cleans and can't much content on here. Does anyone have any advice and methods and pictures of there existing work? One last thing I've just bought one of the big boy facelift backpacks will this be safe to run hypo through for roof cleaning?! Thanks all Jake

It is possible but to add a new section there has to be enough need for it and enough posting about it. We don't want sections that don't get a lot of posts in. Maybe if there are more posts about roof cleaning etc we can. What I will do is add another prefix for the other category. So for now roof cleaning can go under the other category with the prefix roof cleaning. That way we can monitor how many posts there are and can eventually move them to a new section if needed.

It is possible but to add a new section there has to be enough need for it and enough posting about it. We don't want sections that don't get a lot of posts in. Maybe if there are more posts about roof cleaning etc we can. What I will do is add another prefix for the other category. So for now roof cleaning can go under the other category with the prefix roof cleaning. That way we can monitor how many posts there are and can eventually move them to a new section if needed.
ok thanks

as it happens i quote a window clean at this pad earlier..we got talking about his roof i suggested a softwashing of the roof as hes complained about the moss and a gutter clean before we get to price does anyone have any experience with cleaning slate roof as pictured. the house has better access to roof at back its bungalow height if that makes sense View attachment 8543

as it happens i quote a window clean at this pad earlier..we got talking about his roof i suggested a softwashing of the roof as hes complained about the moss and a gutter clean before we get to price does anyone have any experience with cleaning slate roof as pictured. the house has better access to roof at back its bungalow height if that makes sense View attachment 12059
quote high, roofs are a pain in the ass. make sure you have decent ladders, a decent harness, you can fix it to the roof ladder. if its covered in moss hypo wont touch it. If your not confident at heights think twice about it lol

I was planning on roof ladder from the side you cant see in photos there is very little moss on the slate so i was planning on roof ladder then soaking with hypo at say 50/50 mix then rinse half hour later?? through my new facelift backpack? will it survive with a good wash through??

If the back is similar to the front I would be charging £1600 to clean. Looks like about 190 sqm there.
I think he will fall off his chair if i say that price green i'm more concerned about my method right now at that price i could buy a new backpack each time to get the chems up there?!

i'd quote 700-800 range. you'll use 150 quid in hypo if your planning on spraying. how big is your back pack? you'll be up and down like a bloody yoyo lol. 2 days solid work, so it depends on how much you want to earn a day? i downstream my chems

like you say though, if the owner is a cheap skate and you want the job, price is low and mess around and test different methods, but be carefully, spraying 50% hypo on the wrong thing is bad

its a 22litre facelift I think I've only used it once I have lot of experience with patios driveways etc but little with roofs. I think 250 quid a day and bank on it taking 2 days less expense how much hypo would j need for this job I wonder at %15 how do you downstream your Chems?

its a 22litre facelift I think I've only used it once I have lot of experience with patios driveways etc but little with roofs. I think 250 quid a day and bank on it taking 2 days less expense how much hypo would j need for this job I wonder at %15 how do you downstream your Chems?
If £500 less Chems and I brake my backpack I won't end up with much after tax /emoticons/sad.png

downstream 15% comes out at 1.5%. if you want to spray load of chems at a strong mix you need an electric pump realistically or ive seen americans using air pressure

For slate roof it be loads for 1/2 hypo. Meaning 1 drum hypo to 2 water and some surfactant

Shut flow pump best delivery method with pole and 8mm hose

I'm just making up 50/50 in thicko terms for me me if I used my 22litre back back to power up hypo to soak roof how much hypo would I need? To water ratio? If I had helper on floor topping up my backpack?

Back