I Love This Job...but

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by KFH19, Jul 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. KFH19

KFH19 Member

I've got issues

My water is pure 000, I think my technique is ok but obviously only started 4 months ago I will continue to learn everyday. The one main problem I have is I clean top floor frames and sil first then rinse then do ground floor frames and rinse then extend pole to do top floor glass only then do ground floor glass only. The problem comes from noticing on a few properties a faint white spotty trail normally coming from the centre of the frame dribbling down the top pain of glass. I'm guessing that it is coming from water running through the dirt trapped under the a smaller window above a large pain of glass and I don't know how to rectify this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Another problem, I find my double trim man made bristle brush doesn't give me a good scrub on dirty glass. I've been told a natural boars hair brush is a stiffer brush at removing bird poo etc. But I've also been told when wet it smells like a dead animal!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

House point for the dead animal bit :D

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What flow rate are you using?

Is this on regular 4 weekly or first clean?

4. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Scrub the frames too, scrub em like buggery on a first clean and rinse loads.. really loads. Some windows take a while to come good, we usually just explain to customer that on some first cleans there can be some minor issues and if they're not happy to give us a call and we will come back and fix.

To date, nobody has called us back..

5. mark m

mark m Hero

if you rinse rinse rinse and because it is hot at the moment rinse again your never get any spots :Image3:

6. KFH19

KFH19 Member

Thanks fella's, I do rinse but by what you are saying probably not enough.
    I worry the finish won't be good enough for some people.
    Oh and Smurf my flow rate is at 30, and it's mainly happening on first cleans.

7. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Cleaning the top frame can cause problems especially where the vents are, so never touch the top frame!

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Mybe try a higher flow rate on first cleans & pay particular attention to rubber seals as can leach trapped dirt & old soap which can leave spotting drip marks as the dirty water drps down and dries out on the glass.

Hydrophilic glass can also cause spotting issuse like that too so like mark said rinse well.

9. KFH19

KFH19 Member

....and anyone got any experience or views on a boars hair brush?

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I have a tecbuk boars hair.. Brilliant scrubbing ability.. Although the bristles cause drag, so you need the flow up very high to move it across the glass quickly.. I only use the boars hair on first cleans and glass roofs... It does smell if you put your nose right up to it.. But when it's in the back of the van you can't smell it!!!

The tecbuk hybrid brush.. Polyester bristles and boars hair in centre.. Can be used on maintenance cleans as its still a quick brush, and you have the scrubbing power there if you need it.. I have Regular work I'll always use the hybrid due fly poo and just being quite dirty..

But my main maintenance brush is the full polyester from tecbuk.. Sits lovely on the glass, glides Lovely over the glass. On maintenance cleans its very quick..

Advertisement